PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What phone should my old man get?

My dad is almost 70 but he wants to text but can barely figure it out with the phone he has. he has a regular sprint phone with a numberpad only. I've tried showing him word mode but he just cant get it. whats a good sprint phone for sms that is super easy for him to use when all he needs it for is calling and texting? something with a keypad with big buttons and if it had a button that does voice to text like my evo does for sms that would be even better. It would almost have to be a sprint phone. android would be a plus. but something like a blackberry has to small of keys for his big fingers.

Last edited by Curb71; 12-01-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: What phone should my old man get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
My dad is almost 70 but he wants to text but can barely figure it out with the phone he has. he has a regular sprint phone with a numberpad only. I've tried showing him word mode but he just cant get it. whats a good sprint phone for sms that is super easy for him to use when all he needs it for is calling and texting? something with a keypad with big buttons and if it had a button that does voice to text like my evo does for sms that would be even better. It would almost have to be a sprint phone. android would be a plus. but something like a blackberry has to small of keys for his big fingers.
I gave my dad an Intercept...(which is free these days)..best deal is to take them to a sprint store and let them play around with it themselves.. maybe type up a memo...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I got my boss (about 60 years old) to get an Epic and he loves it.

That might be too big a gradient for him, but your old man might appreciate it's screen and speed, and may even just a little bit get into putting in a sports widget or something as well.

He'll like the keyboard too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I got my father in law the little Samsung Restore... He figured out how to text and everything.
It's good because it has the keypad in the front and a slideout keyboard underneat... it's still small and it does all the basic things as well as some advanced things. He checks his email and gets navigation on it too.
p.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison