PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superx10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to superx10
What phone to get? (sprint)

I am eligible for an upgrade and currently have the htc tp2. I am looking at either the Evo or Epic but don't know which one to get.

The Evo has a big screen and better camera. The Epic has a clearer screen and a hardware keyboard along with the newer processor. I am leaning towards the Evo just for the camera picture quality. The only thing about those 2 phones is there isn't 4g service where I am at.

Or should I wait for the HTC 7 Pro?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akmzero is just getting started
Well the epic has a better camera, mega pixles don't mean anything, its all about the sensor.

I chose the Evo because working for Sprint Samsung has a bad history with making phones in terms of antennas.

The epic is faster hands down, but I like the feel of the Evo more.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: What phone to get? (sprint)

Yes the picture quality on the Epic is much better then the Evo..

But anyways, to better answer your question...can you tell us what you mainly use your phone for? and what do you expect/hope from a phone?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

superx10 is a n00b

I guess everything but making calls. I'm lucky to do 100min/month
Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx10 View Post
I guess everything but making calls. I'm lucky to do 100min/month
Well your going to have to be more specific..based on what you want to take advantage of the most can make or break it...what are the top 3 things you do with your phone on a daily bases(or wish to do)?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

superx10 is a n00b

text, email, web browsing
Old 11-22-2010, 01:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Well any phone can do those 3..Even the low end ones like the LG, Transform and Sanyo one will do those fairly well...

I'll tell you one thing the web browsing experience on Android is worlds above then the one on the Winmo devices. (or at least the ones I had)

If your choice is between the 3 being EVO, Epic, TP7 Pro and those 3 are your main concerns then here is how it is:

1) EVO - Boils down to how you feel about the size of the screen.. some find it too big..some find it just right..the screen can be a bit washed out. It is probably easiest to type on screen due to the size if you feel its not too big.

2) Epic - Boils down to how you feel about the PenTile portion..some people absolutely hate the keyboards added to phone but those that play games/type long messages/emails it comes in handy. It also comes built in swype(but you can load Swype on any phone realistically)..it is very light and not bulky though considering what it has...in terms of hardware specs its the best on the market FYI

3) TP7 pro - As you know your not in winmo country any more..it takes an Apple locked down approach...the keyboard is pretty much same as the TP2 one by the looks of it...By the time it coems out though there probably would be better phones in the market...to note though WP7 is fairly new so it may not have as many choices for text messaging clients, browsers, and email clients if any choices at all. (or at least at the moment)

To note if you haven't noticed I use an Epic so I may be a "bit" more biased towards it..my phone before was also a TP2...
Old 11-22-2010, 01:29 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

you, biased toward the epic....no way ! I was going to mess with the wifes evo but it won't be here til wed., I don't wanna miss that walmart sale.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:44 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
every single device on sprint does that... even cheap free non smartphones...

do you want exchange??? android only barely has that covered i believe..

when you browse, do you use flash sites? stream video?? evo and epic both being android have all the same browsers available to them...

obviously the Pro7 will be a hot ticket it seems like, are you wanting to feel left out on that one?? im not a wp7 fan just yet, but maybe you are..

also the EVO SHift 4G(make what you want of it), HTC KNIGHT are rumored sooner than later... check our news, theres a mysterious HTC device(no carrier, no real info and may be a Tab in the end)...

HP is releasing Palm Pre 2, thatll probably come Sprint side as they had alot of success with the original PRE...

I know it can be hard if you just have one line to sit on upgrades(i have 3 lines upgrade ready)... but right now seems like the perfect time to just "sit and wait it out a bit"..

Dont buy into the HYPE the EVO will not be outdated in a few months, TP2 stills going strong even with all the android going on.. People love the EVO and it will get support for probably another year... and aside from rooting, anything android can go on an EVO, so you wont miss out on anything by waiting.. all the apps and roms will still be there to use should you get one someday...

IDK, thats my thought
Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

superx10 is a n00b

Yeah, I've been sitting and waiting since September since my upgrade was available. My tp2 is doing ok but I might have to go back to a stock rom or a 6.1 rom since I can't seem to stay stable after like 2 weeks of usage, especially because of the stupid sense 2.5x htc messaging bogging stuff down.

not sure what the htc knight phone is. the evo shift is just a smaller version of the evo right? as for a palm, it's been years since i've messed with anything palm so I would rather not go back that route.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison