PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for a used Android

My girl has a Blackberry and it sucks so f'n bad. She has the 8330m which I had but was lucky enough to be able to upgrade early. She is stuck and her phone keeps crapping out. I want to buy a used Android phone or even Blackberry to putz around with until she can upgrade. My question is, would a used HTC Hero be worth an upgrade at this point in time or a Blackberry Tour which is around the same price? I know it is two totally different phones but I don't know how well the Hero performs and I know she likes the way the Blackberry operates because she is comfortable with it.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Looking for a used Android

The Blackberry Tour is a huge upgrade from the Curve, if she likes BB's she'll be happy with it... the Bold is that much better!
I can't speak for the Hero as I have no experience but I do have experience with the 8330, the Tour and the Bold.. Bold wins hands down, with Tour a close second.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor
Re: Looking for a used Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
The Blackberry Tour is a huge upgrade from the Curve, if she likes BB's she'll be happy with it... the Bold is that much better!
I can't speak for the Hero as I have no experience but I do have experience with the 8330, the Tour and the Bold.. Bold wins hands down, with Tour a close second.
Great, so I feel a little more comfortable about staying with BB for her because the Curve really is an utter piece of garbage.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison