PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What will you upgrade to?
HTC Lexikon 0 0%
HTC 7 Pro 3 60.00%
Other 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

southernSTYLE is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Lexikon or HTC 7 Pro

So finally HTC is releasing some phones similar to the Touch Pro 2, meaning a sliding keyboard.. If everyone who is still here is anything like me, then I know that you have also been anticipating a new HTC phone with a f*****g keyboard.

With that said, the big question is, smaller keyboard and Android or upgraded TP2 keyboard and WP7.. tough decision for me, I really want to know what everyone else is thinking.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC Lexikon or HTC 7 Pro

the 7pro is slightly faster and i love the key bored on it more
Old 10-30-2010, 09:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
the 7pro is slightly faster and i love the key bored on it more
faster than what? not android. op seems like choices are small kb = android pro7= big kb.

"smaller keyboard and Android or upgraded TP2 keyboard and WP7"

moving this op, not really a tp2 thread. thanx dw
Old 10-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

as many people have been saying, even the phones out now out spec the 7pro... I like the phone and all but Im not buying a phone that doesn't have a storage card slot... I think im going to pass on this phone in the hopes that something better with a micro sd slot and keyboard comes along
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:28 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
as many people have been saying, even the phones out now out spec the 7pro... I like the phone and all but Im not buying a phone that doesn't have a storage card slot... I think im going to pass on this phone in the hopes that something better with a micro sd slot and keyboard comes along
thank you, glad im not alone. no speeds or screensize like whats out now, i refuse to pay 500$ and go backwards.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-30-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

southernSTYLE is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
faster than what? not android. op seems like choices are small kb = android pro7= big kb.

"smaller keyboard and Android or upgraded TP2 keyboard and WP7"

moving this op, not really a tp2 thread. thanx dw
sorry I was aiming this towards TP2 users thought it would fit best in there.

To the others, I am a big keyboard fan, I think the TP2 has the best keyboard you can get on a cell and refuse to get some huge phone that's nice but lacks it bc let's face it, full touch screen on a lazy day is miserable.

The screen size I was hoping would be a little bigger, I think the Droid X was way too big though, at least for me. Thanks for the feedback from everyone, but what about the Lexikon? Is that phone so bad that its not even considerable? And my last question is, are the touch screens becoming capacitive like the iPhone or iPod touch, or are they the same as TP2?

Thanks again hope to hear more
Old 10-30-2010, 11:10 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernSTYLE View Post

To the others, I am a big keyboard fan, I think the TP2 has the best keyboard you can get on a cell and refuse to get some huge phone that's nice but lacks it bc let's face it, full touch screen on a lazy day is miserable.

The screen size I was hoping would be a little bigger, I think the Droid X was way too big though, at least for me. Thanks for the feedback from everyone, but what about the Lexikon? Is that phone so bad that its not even considerable? And my last question is, are the touch screens becoming capacitive like the iPhone or iPod touch, or are they the same as TP2?

np, i moved it because your comparing wp7 to droid (android)
Old 10-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

jaja i knew this would get moved
Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Phone should have just had better specs overall! DuoCore's are just around the corner, RAM/ROM should have been higher. Camera, it's all about optics not just MP, look at iPhone and Pre picture quality. Display, 3.6", really? At least a 4". No expandable slot, okay, give us a full 32GB of internal. Where's the beef (4G)?

HTC did mention that they were rushed to push out a Windows platform product. They want to do one better, by better the rep mentioned things like a "new" Sense, no specs.

Still getting it? Yes, probably. It will be the newest for my carrier, Sprint. Also, I work for a Preferred Retailer which exclusively sells for Sprint and would need to showcase it. Do I get a discount? NO. I buy it at cost (company cost), which is at times almost no deal at all.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernSTYLE View Post

Right now ALL the phones are Capacitive(same as iphone) screen whether it be the TP7 or Lexicon...

In terms of specs Lexicon is not too bad actually..it has an 800mhz chip but a 2nd gen snapdragon which is better then the 1st gen one in the TP7..the downside though is the 4 row keyboard :/...

If your waiting till the time the TP7 is meant to be released..verizon has a 4" phone with 1.2ghz processor and a keyboard planned for early 2011.

That said there is no indication whether TP7 will come to verizon or not :/..so far only sprint has been confirmed.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison