PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cheapest Sprint w/Google Earth

OK what is the cheapest and more important SIMPLEST phone I can get on Sprint that will also do Google Earth? This is for my dad who just uses a regular flip phone but wants Google Earth when he's out and about (he is enthralled with that program). I don't want to confuse him and I don't want to waste my $$ on a bunch of features he'll never use and might scare him away in the first place.

Guy at Bestbuy says Intercept, but I don't necessarily want to buy a current phone, I'm thinking cheap used thing that works.

BrennB
Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Cheapest Sprint w/Google Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
OK what is the cheapest and more important SIMPLEST phone I can get on Sprint that will also do Google Earth? This is for my dad who just uses a regular flip phone but wants Google Earth when he's out and about (he is enthralled with that program). I don't want to confuse him and I don't want to waste my $$ on a bunch of features he'll never use and might scare him away in the first place.

Guy at Bestbuy says Intercept, but I don't necessarily want to buy a current phone, I'm thinking cheap used thing that works.
If you are buying on contract upgrade you can get Intercept for 5$ at like wirefly..if you are buying retail...maybe a windows mobile phone or a pixi off ebay?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah I was looking at that intercept. Thanks for the wire fly idea
Old 10-08-2010, 10:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well Google Earth in the begining ONLY worked on iPhone 3gs, NEXUS ONE, and the orginal Moto Droid.. Google Earth for mobile the 3 devices are still pictured even.. i know theyve expanded since though

are you sure Goggle Earth will run on an intercept?? your gonna have to goto a store and play with one and see if its in the Market... or atleast load m.google.com/earth and just make sure before you order the phone.. they may not be as selctive as they used to be, i just know in the begining Google Earth was very limited
Old 10-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Good to know... I wonder if it does.. it is an android (which is google right?). hmm does it run on the epic?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It runs on the epic and should run on anything that has over 1ghz. I would suggest the hero but the lag with annoy him.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison