PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My TP2 sucks

stock 6.5 ROM. I keep reflashing my phone every 2 weeks.
starting off with:
sprint_tp2_cleanup_wm65.cab

and then installing a few simple things.
after 2 weeks, the phone is slow as hell.
Right now, I can't pick up my phone in the morning and many times during the day. I'll see the screen say incoming call and I'll slide the slider over "Hello?" nothing. look back and the phone "missed call". fail.
another time, I hit the call pick up physical button "Hello?" nothing. Look back at the phone and it's still ringing. Hit the Pick up button again and I hear them, but the phone finally registers 2 clicks on the pick up button and promptly hangs up on the person. fail.

next, I click the icon for IE and it takes about 1 minute for it to come up, freezing the phone. When IE comes up the zooming in and out that it does is ridiculous. And the txt size to the size of input boxes... don't even get me started.

next, this happens a couple times a day, I'll click the "on" button.. nothing. I'll let it sit, holding and hitting the on button. nothing. If I wait about 5 minutes and try again, the phone comes on like nothing was wrong. by that time, I've usually pulled the battery which loses any txts that I just got.

text messaging is almost unusable a lot of the times cause the UI freezes so much while switching back and forth. That's what I use the damn thing for most of the time.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: My TP2 sucks

get a better rom

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ok, which rom is better? I like the HTC sense UI 2.5.x
I've looked for instructions and none of the ones I found on mightyrom and energyrom seem to be concrete. I want specific directions to get my phone working on sprint without fail. I'm on call all the time, if my phone doesn't work, the fines from it can be around $60K.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

after a couple hours with my iPad and it's instant access to all apps, my phone became a huge duce in my mind.
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
ok, which rom is better? I like the HTC sense UI 2.5.x
I've looked for instructions and none of the ones I found on mightyrom and energyrom seem to be concrete. I want specific directions to get my phone working on sprint without fail. I'm on call all the time, if my phone doesn't work, the fines from it can be around $60K.
well damn lol, I'm not getting blamed for a 60k fine lol, I suggest doing a little snooping around the rom section, I've heard the sprint lover's rom is good, but haven't tried it personally, I use the affliction rom, but I'm not using sprint so I'm not sure how it would react with your provider.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i know it sucks but does it swallow too. lol
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

hard reset and ditch the clean up cab. it causes more trouble than its worth. if theres anything ive learned from that clean up cab its just do tweaks myself. also, as well as not using the clean up cab, try a ram sweeper like clear temp or clean ram. links provided.
clean ram. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59447
clear temp. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...temp-v1-0.html

Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

@austin420: I think you might be right... I think I will try that. I really hate the way it does word correction, but my battery life is amazing after I install it. 1.5 days with a lot of use.

@pimpsuprazx: it wouldn't be me that pays the fine, but that would kill my station. I do contract engineering for a radio station and if the remote for the transmitter doesn't work, they call me and I have to work on it over my phone. FCC is serious business.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

maybe I will try
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119887
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
looks good. are you unlocked?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison