PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dicast
Prize fight Iphone 4 vs htc EVO

http://cnettv.cnet.com/?type=franchi...t&tag=mncol;pm
Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

1cassies is a n00b
Re: Prize fight Iphone 4 vs htc EVO

I cant believe they actually said the evo won. With the stupid comparisons they did I thought they were gonna give it to the iphone for sure
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cassies View Post
I cant believe they actually said the evo won.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

I am on VZ & I'm getting a DroidX tomorrow, then I can do my own "prizefight" with the new iphone, as my boss just bought the new iphone last week (& I use it all the time)

~John
Old 07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Guys, this might come as a shock to you, but the iPhone is longer the top dog. Although in my opinion, it never was. To think when the iPhone came out you couldn't even copy and paste but people were convinced it was the best phone because Steve Jobs said so. Before Android I was a WM user for years and could never think about moving to such a dumb phone as the iPhone. Android is definitely the winner with taking the WM experience to the next level.

iPhone = For the user who can't think on their own. For everyone else there is the EVO, or any Android device for that matter.

Last edited by eman; 07-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eagle2222222222 is a n00b

It is no surprise to us the Evo won, but was a little taken back that they picked the Iphone over the Evo in the looks and feel department. I dont know about the rest of you, but I think the Iphone looks outdated and stale looking. I love the the look and design of the Evo. Also saw on that same sight they picked the Evo over the Incredible.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Imagine the EVO in the iphone's case (sex) and that retina display or super amoled (drool). Load up a music player with huge album covers and there would be no doubt.

One thing Iphones always have over it's competition though, is that they always improve on the same line.

Evo will be short lived only because it will be replace by another HTC model or brand Android.

Too bad they don't stick to one model and improve on it..
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO in 3 Dimensions

0ri0n is just getting started

The one thing I will give to the iphone is the display. If you see it in person, it is nice, and screen transitions look pretty good. Other than that... the phone looks like a "Fisher Price My first toy Phone" for teens. (cant give all that glass to toddlers) I was surprised that they said the look and feel were better than the EVO.

No hate toward the iphone... it has its pluses, but I dont feel like its the ultimate phone... far from it at that.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ri0n View Post
The one thing I will give to the iphone is the display. If you see it in person, it is nice, and screen transitions look pretty good. Other than that... the phone looks like a "Fisher Price My first toy Phone" for teens. (cant give all that glass to toddlers) I was surprised that they said the look and feel were better than the EVO.

No hate toward the iphone... it has its pluses, but I dont feel like its the ultimate phone... far from it at that.
But Steve Jobbs says it is, so it must be true.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ri0n View Post

I don't know about you, but my friend has the new iphone and I've played with it a bit and it feels nice and sturdy in my hands. The materials the iphone is built with feels tight, secured, rugged, and no creaking. It just feels like "quality" in my hands.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Moved to phone comparison

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison