PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Consumer Reports compares iPhone 4, Evo, Droids, etc..., with Chart!

this just in:

charts are the awesome.

here is the article.

Let the hating begin...
Old 07-13-2010, 01:26 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Consumer Reports compares iPhone 4, Evo, Droids, etc..., with Chart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
this just in:

charts are the awesome.

here is the article.

Let the hating begin...
Well its not surprising...most of the things it either did well or flunk badly at...the phones before have generally an "average" of all items...but in this case it is different..

Lets look at it this way..there are 8 categories each worth about 12.5 points...so if it gets a perfect score in everything except phoning being a 0, it will get a score of 87...but whats the point of a phone that can;t make phonecalls? might as well as be an itouch..

Consumer Reports really needs to add more categories for phones these days...

Doesn't change the fact that Apple really messed up on the antenna and the person responsible for it is probably sleeping with the fish by steve jobs personally....

It is funny though to see Apple panicking all over their boards deleting all traces of the CR article cause they can't take reality....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-13-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone who is unbiased and really knows about phones can tell you the iphone4 is the best on the market. The hardware and software quality is far superior to anything out there. Take for instance the iphone camera, although its only 5mp, it takes better pictures than the 8mp Androids, plus it can replace a real point and shoot camera.

Ok, the one big problem apple messed up on is the signal issue, but that's easily fixed with a case that 99% of iphone users buy anyways. You have to be a total idiot to buy a nice phone and not protect it with a case.

Also, as a tip, for anyone who wants to go to Android, avoid HTC, take Moto or Samsung, they both make better quality than the garbage HTC produces. HTC always gives you outdated junk and charges you a premium for it than a month later their phones fall apart because of shoddy workmanship.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

its the best for some people but not for everyone. not saying its a bad device, i was actually in the apple store yesterday killing tim waiting for my wife and played with it for a good 20 mins. its a nice piece of harware/software but would be way too cumbersome and ineffecient for me to use as a main phone. would take me too long to get the info i need but i can see how a lot of people love it. the iphone does raise the bar year after year for all smartphones though so you gotta appreciate apple for that much.

and i have purchased many nice phones, ive never used a case, never broke a phone and im not an idiot
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
its the best for some people but not for everyone. not saying its a bad device, i was actually in the apple store yesterday killing tim waiting for my wife and played with it for a good 20 mins. its a nice piece of harware/software but would be way too cumbersome and ineffecient for me to use as a main phone. would take me too long to get the info i need but i can see how a lot of people love it. the iphone does raise the bar year after year for all smartphones though so you gotta appreciate apple for that much.

and i have purchased many nice phones, ive never used a case, never broke a phone and im not an idiot
Its not about breaking the phone, its about scratches that will affect resell value.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

valid point, resell isnt on my list of priorities but i can see why it'd be important to some. i just prefer not to use cases on my phones, and thats how it should be, a preference. the fact that its seems almost required to perform the most basic of functions is pretty bad for a company as savvy as apple.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
valid point, resell isnt on my list of priorities but i can see why it'd be important to some. i just prefer not to use cases on my phones, and thats how it should be, a preference. the fact that its seems almost required to perform the most basic of functions is pretty bad for a company as savvy as apple.
I agree they should at least give out free bumpers to people. But like I said, its not really a big deal as its made out to be because most people use cases. If the reception was truly that bad than people would return the phone. Till this day, I've never seen anyone use an iphone without a case. Not once. The cases not only add character, but they feel better in the hand because the iphone can be slippy.

Right now I don't have a case on my iphone4 because most aren't out yet and so I hate holding it because the edges are so sharp. I'm just waiting on a Seidio Innocase to come out, they make great comfy cases.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison