PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kgibson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New phone for Verizon

I am fixing to upgrade my phone on Verizon (which is the only carrier in my area). I have to get a windows mobile phone to run software that we use at work but verizon doesn't have much to offer in windows mobile. What should I do? I have an Omnia right now but it is about shot. I need some help on what to get!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: New phone for Verizon

well you are going to be limited....new Winmo phones are not going to be released until at least end of year.....which will be W7 phones....so I would wait if you can.....if not the only thing that they have is the Fathom

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364902,00.asp
Old 07-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We still offer the TP2 if you haven't had that one yet. It's a great device

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kgibson is a n00b

yea that was what I was going to get but they said they didn't offer the touch pro2 anymore. It isnt even on the website anymore. I would love to have a touch pro2. Our customer representative said she can't get any.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

If you have a New every 2 or a credit towards a new phone, Windows Phone 7 is what you should wait for. I would hate to sign a 2 year contract for a 1-2 year old phone, no offence to the TP2, it is a very nice phone.

You could always watch on here (the for sale fourm) and buy a used TP2 to hold you off till fall. If you can get one in good shape with out any leans on it, you can activate it right over their web site.

I'm out of a contract and I really want a new phone (I have a titan/XV6800) but, holding tight for a WP7

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ghamden is keeping up the good workghamden is keeping up the good work

I am getting ready to sell one that is lnib condition in about a week 200.00 shipped and paypaled it has always had a screen protector on it also always had acrylic case it has MR2 installed or it can be unlocked so you can install rom of choice this way no contract if interested let me know.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...13#post1861913

Last edited by ghamden; 07-12-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you don't want wp7 let me know. Our store still carries the tp2 bc were ppcg wm site owners ha well have all devices until they are just too old.

Moved to phone comparison seeing that's where the threads ended up.

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 07-13-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kgibson is a n00b

do you have any unlocked hd2??
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
well you are going to be limited....new Winmo phones are not going to be released until at least end of year.....which will be W7 phones....so I would wait if you can.....if not the only thing that they have is the Fathom

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364902,00.asp
He won't be able to use a WP7 phone because it his application for work won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgibson View Post
do you have any unlocked hd2??
HD2 is for T-mobile(it has GSM, Verizon is CDMA)..not verizon..so for windows mobile your 2 best option is LG Fathom (no community support but better processor) and Touch Pro 2 (has community support)....for TP2 you can probably ebay it for not too bad or take Courtney on her offer.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

its a real shame the fathom has no community support. Its a 1GHz Snapdragon WM phone the you can get from Best Buy for $99 with contract... Thats flippin cheap!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison