PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO vs Hero main difference?

Ok before you lash out at me for this post please read it.

I have a EVO and love it never have nor will own a hero.My Daughter 25 wants a android phone.She wants the Hero.Well i got a deal on wirefly where i got the EVO for about the same cost as a Hero.

Well i try and reason with her the main difference with the EVO over the Hero but her BF tells her the Hero is great (he owns one) i told her it will not run programs as fast etc etc etc snapdragon and all.So maybe some of you can can compare them for me thanks.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:31 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: EVO vs Hero main difference?

Uh yeah. I'd rather lash out than post the differences.

And your daughter is 25... let her pick her own phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not when it goes on mt account and i pay for it.If you do NOT want to answer the question i posted then leave the thread alone.No reason to come into the thread and show how much of a idiot you are just move on if you do not care for this thread.Thank you.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Her boyfriend is secretly jealous that she will have a better phone than him so he is working hard to convince her to get that Hero.

Tell her to get the Evo... this is a good test to see how he reacts when his lady is sporting better hardware than him...

EDIT: came back to post something useful

The main differences are below:
Larger 4.3" display (much easier typing and viewing videos)
Faster CPU (this is especially noticeable when actively using the phone over a period of time)
Better rear camera (8MP vs. 5MP)
Front-facing camera (She can take great pics of herself)
HDMI out (she might never use it)
Much greater re-sale value (if she is that type)
Updates will be supported for another few months (Hero is all updated out)

Last edited by reprod; 07-09-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Not when it goes on mt account and i pay for it.If you do NOT want to answer the question i posted then leave the thread alone.No reason to come into the thread and show how much of a idiot you are just move on if you do not care for this thread.Thank you.
This is a stupid thread. You asked what the difference between the Evo and Hero are. I rest my case.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

You do not understand.I know the difference but maybe if she reads it from someone else she will believe it.I know the hardware difference i know all the stuff but as said maybe if she reads it maybe it will get through.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status

Ever hear of Google?

YouTube?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The Hero may be more rugged and hold up, but at 25 she should be able to keep the EVO out of harm's way.

The Evo has a larger screen, 1Ghz cpu, it WILL get an official froyo 2.2 and perhaps gingerbread 3.0 rom update, hero will NOT, more ram, more rom (to hold more apps music pictures), it is newer technology, it has an FM radio, it can tether wifi to allow her, her friends and her BF to access the net, it can handle 4G, it has hdmi for tv output, it is indestructible, it can make an island and turn itself into a jet and fly you there, it can grant you 3 wishes, even if one is for a Hero..

Last edited by clockcycle; 07-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Speed
Camera Quality
Front Facing Camera
Native 2.1 with a 2.2 update planned
Screen Size
More Hype (meaning more development, etc...) This is actually a pretty big point
Power button that doesn't end a call if one is coming in the same time u turn it on
Sprint TV actually works
I have a few more, but I came from the Hero and I would NEVER go back.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

You all don't understand... the reason she wants it is because her boyfriend has it. She doesn't care if it is the best thing since slice bread. She wants what her boyfriend says is good. Just tell her this: "Your boyfriend would have bought the EVO if it had been out at that time. The EVO is the newest version of the Hero. Your boyfriend will like it and he will be impressed." oooo... and tell her the quality of pictures she can take of her boyfriend will be much better.

Last edited by edufur; 07-09-2010 at 02:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison