PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

daroga is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pros and Cons: Droid X & HTC Incredible

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but considering I'm considering both a Motorola phone and an HTC phone, I thought maybe not posting in either manufacter's specific forum might be helpful.

I'm completely green when it comes to Android. I've used Windows Mobile for a long time (HP PDA -> UTStarcom XV6700 -> Motorola Q -> HTC Imagio), so I'm a little bit unclear as to the pros and cons of different makes and tweaks to the Android OS.

As I'm comparing the Droid X and the Incredible, they seem comparable in almost anyway that I would use the phone. Processor speed, though different make, is the same, assuming the Incredible's update comes with 720p video, the cameras are the same.

It seems as if the principle difference is whether or not the bigger screen of the X is appealing and whether or not you want Sense. I happen to really like TouchFLO on my Imagio, so Sense is appealing, but I'm not sure how different it is from what the X will come with. I'm not certain that most of the stock software on either phone is what I'd be using a lot of, and I'd be pulling things in from the Marketplace and just downloadable software to tweak things out.

Is there a big difference I'm missing in one phone or the other? Or is it pretty much just bigger screen size vs. Sense? I'm not looking for a giant debate, just curious if some folks who know more about this could point out pros and cons of each phone, to the extent that they're known at this point with one phone not even being released yet.

Or perhaps pros and cons is the wrong way to put it. Maybe just differences either in software or (presumed) performance would be most helpful.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Pros and Cons: Droid X & HTC Incredible

Moved to Phone Comparison
Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ah, thanks. Didn't even see that forum for some reason :P
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I haven't used either of these phones, so I couldn't comment on the specifics.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but you can do a side-by-side comparison on PhoneScoop:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=2763&id[]=2708&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=

The X is reported to have longer battery life.

X is LCD while the Incredible is AMOLED.

They both have internal storage (8Gb I believe) and a microSD slot.

Other than that, just like you said, screen size is a big one and Sense vs. MotoBlur.

The X is rumored to come with MotoBlur and the Incredible has SenseUI.

MotoBlur in the past has sucked, but this supposedly has a newer version, so only time will tell.

The other thing is Motorola vs. HTC. Some people prefer one manufacturer over the other.

App-wise, you should be able to install the same apps from the Market on either phone.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Assuming I can track one down on vacation, I might go and get the Droid X and see if I like it, and if not, swap it out for the Incredible on the 30 day guarantee assuming that'll work even if they're not readily available yet.

But I'm excited to hear any other thoughts or impressions if people start getting the X and can make direct comparisons.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison