PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: personal story of "suck it, iphone"

also, moved to phone comparison since this actually turned educational
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

damn guys thread jack much lol , no but seriously i did actually learn something, thanks orange!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
damn guys thread jack much lol , no but seriously i did actually learn something, thanks orange!
lol didn't mean to, it just evolved!

no worries redd
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Actually based on triangles per second and a few other GPU tests, the hummingbird CPU in the A4 and galaxy S, with enough power, is slated to outperform the scopion core as far as GPU goes.

I would venture that the iPhone 4 will outperform a scorpion running android grahics/games wise, but come up short general speed wise.

What will really be interesting is a scorpion running wp7 with silverlight and the GPU performance interacting with the OS, I predict that it will have mind-blowing graphics, better than iPhone games, but will not run quite as smoothly.

we'll wait and see though,
Exactly, scorpion is very quick, but gpu wise it is behind the curve compared to other newer implementations. I am also looking to see how WP7 handles it. Also, when the the froyo is released for the Evo, we can see if their is any true real world difference. But right now a4 is one of the best, plus I want to look into the galaxy s, may get it too, so bored and fed up with the TP2.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Exactly, scorpion is very quick, but gpu wise it is behind the curve compared to other newer implementations. I am also looking to see how WP7 handles it. Also, when the the froyo is released for the Evo, we can see if their is any true real world difference. But right now a4 is one of the best, plus I want to look into the galaxy s, may get it too, so bored and fed up with the TP2.
The Galaxy S has some awesome specs, hw keyboard, super amoled, 4" android 2.2 (soon), but it IS samsung, meaning no development, just look at the lack of any development for the moment, whereas there are hero and evo roms all over the place.

I would hate to be on a TP 2 right now, the only reason I can stand WM6.x at the moment i because I get to rock it on a snapdragon 512mb ram 4.3" capacitive screen. It makes 6.x bearable, but I'm gonna ditch this thing soon and get a Nexus One and rock a 3GS for a little while till I can get an unlocked iPhone 4 or a CDMA version and a good 4.3" HTC android on a scorpion so I can flash custom ROMs on it
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
The Galaxy S has some awesome specs, hw keyboard, super amoled, 4" android 2.2 (soon), but it IS samsung, meaning no development, just look at the lack of any development for the moment, whereas there are hero and evo roms all over the place.

I would hate to be on a TP 2 right now, the only reason I can stand WM6.x at the moment i because I get to rock it on a snapdragon 512mb ram 4.3" capacitive screen. It makes 6.x bearable, but I'm gonna ditch this thing soon and get a Nexus One and rock a 3GS for a little while till I can get an unlocked iPhone 4 or a CDMA version and a good 4.3" HTC android on a scorpion so I can flash custom ROMs on it
Ha ha, I had the moment and hated Android for it. So, I know about the lack of development, though it had some. And customer support from Samsung, well, there isn't any, really. But to be honest, I haven't rooted the Evo, no reason to untill the cap is figured out without breaking anything, that is. Only reason I unlocked winmo devices was because you have to just to make that ghastly o.s. run decently. So, if i do end up getting the galaxy s, it will be because I have messed with it a few times, and decide it doesnt need a root. Not every phone I ever own needs to be hacked, lol. But it is fun at times to do so.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Ha ha, I had the moment and hated Android for it. So, I know about the lack of development, though it had some. And customer support from Samsung, well, there isn't any, really. But to be honest, I haven't rooted the Evo, no reason to untill the cap is figured out without breaking anything, that is. Only reason I unlocked winmo devices was because you have to just to make that ghastly o.s. run decently. So, if i do end up getting the galaxy s, it will be because I have messed with it a few times, and decide it doesnt need a root. Not every phone I ever own needs to be hacked, lol. But it is fun at times to do so.
well its just that I hate touchwiz ui and in order to get rid of it and get a good nexus one UI or something you're going to have to root it and flash a good custom ROM.

Also you're going to want to use Internet Tethering (root) and maybe change memory management (root) or maybe get rid of all the sprint bloatware running in the background (root)

But yeah that Touchwiz UI is a deal breaker for me lol
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Don't need wireless tether. Got tired of doing all that with winmo, so just chilling right now. My aircard expires soon, may root then, but right now, taking a break from all that, on the moment, I had root to, iPhone jailbroken as well. This is the first smartphone I have owned, that I don't feel I need to hack in way to enjoy it, lol. I kind of like that.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Don't need wireless tether. Got tired of doing all that with winmo, so just chilling right now. My aircard expires soon, may root then, but right now, taking a break from all that, on the moment, I had root to, iPhone jailbroken as well. This is the first smartphone I have owned, that I don't feel I need to hack in way to enjoy it, lol. I kind of like that.
My girlfriend has a Nexus One and she feels exactly the same. Stock the phone is money-bags.

I don't think I will ever own a phone that is not unlocked/jailbroken/rooted within a week of buying it.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
My girlfriend has a Nexus One and she feels exactly the same. Stock the phone is money-bags.

I don't think I will ever own a phone that is not unlocked/jailbroken/rooted within a week of buying it.
I used to be like that too, if I start playing with this phone and learning Android more, then it will never stop, lol. As a stock phone it is great and more than meets my casual/everyday needs. But, sooner or later there will be a reason to root, even if its just out of curiosity.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison