PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4G beats iPhone 4 in browser speedtest & more

I thought this video of EVO 4G vs iPhone 4 was interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULv-0xcciFE

The iPhone 3GS has had a pretty fast browser, it's always compared to every new phone that comes out, especially in browser speed tests. Because of this, I expected the iPhone 4 to have an even faster browser experience. The interesting thing here is jon rettinger (awesome phone reviewer and admitted iPhone user) finds that the EVO is FASTER than the iPhone 4. He starts doing speed tests at around 5:25. EVO wins when loading technobuffalo and a youtube channel. He tests both wifi and sprint/att networks. It's also shown that the EVO is generally faster overall.

Anyone surprised the iPhone was not a bit faster? Love my EVO!

The iPhone 4g clearly has a better looking screen tho. You just can't compare amoled, superamoled, or retina display to an LCD as far as colors and clarity go. I wish he would've put the same background on the EVO that he had on the iPhone4.

The conclusion of this comparison is that the EVO is victorious. I think that speaks volumes coming from a guy who uses apple and iPhone products all day long.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-25-2010 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: EVO 4G beats iPhone 4 in browser speedtest & more

I'm not suprised, the evo constantly outpaces my iPad in page loading. Can't wait to see what the Evo can do with the froyo browser. My friend has it on her Nexus One and says it's a night and day difference.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First thing I noticed about this video...the Iphone just looks crappy next to the EVO. Looks cheap, old and plain. (sorry a little biased)

Now just saw the entire video...EVO ftw

Last edited by TREmp77; 06-25-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I find it interesting that the Evo opens programs quicker, considering that there is a touch lag on the Evo.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

@donatom3 you're right, forgot about froyo, and the iphone4 has the newly released ios4 update.
jon also did a speed test between the nexus1 with froyo (older build) against the iphone 4.... browser comparison starts at 5:45 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhF1xZQRQk
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

EVO wins! Even with a live wallpaper loaded.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

So iPhone does have a prettier screen, hands down, but who on an evo can say that aside from comparison, their huge-ass screen isn't beautiful? No one lol. The iPhone probably has better battery life, but it's a smaller screen, and a weaker processor. Smartphone users have learned to live with a charger as a force of habit. Oh, and another thing, the EVO can be held WITH BOTH HANDS. Lawlz
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When comparing displays, keep in mind the different versions of EVO we have with the Novo and Epson displays... I have read mixed reviews on which is better but maybe the EVO in the video has the lesser of the 2...

I know my EVO screen looks much better than the one in the video...
Old 06-25-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post
When comparing displays, keep in mind the different versions of EVO we have with the Novo and Epson displays... I have read mixed reviews on which is better but maybe the EVO in the video has the lesser of the 2...

I know my EVO screen looks much better than the one in the video...
Mine too. That animated screensaver they had just looks kiddie and undignified. He should have prepped the Evo better to match the iPhone as much as possible, icon-wise, background, etc.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

That guy is by far the best most unbiased reviewer on the planet

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison