PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

AdamD81 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advice on which Android OS phone to get!

Plan renewal has come up and i'm looking to get rid of my TouchPro 2 and want an Android OS phone with verizon. New to the Android world and with all the new phones coming out sure just curious what you gusy think!

My friend has the HTC incredible and seems to be a nice, solid phone. Not sure if i should hold out for the Droid X or Droid 2...? or something else? Anyone with the Incredible that have any opinions about it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Advice on which Android OS phone to get!

How's Sprint service in your area? It's slightly cheaper and the EVO is packing a whallop of a punch in the features department.

Motorola devices are very nice, but if you're used to the HTC community support, they will be lacking.

I would suggest you play/handle a few of the devices first. Come with an open mind set. Ultimately it's your money and most of the recent devices are very robust.

One note to consider if you're looking into the future, is a front facing cam for video conferencing.

-CC
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You may consider changing this thread to a poll?
I would go with the incredible. I have messed with it some. The others not so much. Incredible is bigger than the other phones. It does not have a qwerty keyboard. ( which for me is better) Plus, Im more of a fan of HTC than Moto anyway.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AdamD81 is a n00b

Thanks to both of you for you advice. I'm pretty happy with Verizon and don't really want to change providers. I do take a lot of pics and videos so the Droid X with its HD is appealing. But, the Incredible has a nice 8mp camera on it.

I've only always used a physical keyboard so not having one will take some getting used to. But on the other hand im tired of lugging around a big keyboard phone...

I'm always messing with my friends incredible and haven't seen anything i don't like. Seems now it coming down to extra crazy features like HD and HDMI and if you want a keyboard or not.

Thanks again!!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Desk top PC
Carrier: Nokia C1-01

nadeem1414 is a n00b

Nokia C1-01 is coming in the excellent mobile communication and i also using this mobile set and i have the source for checking this special set through its special web site.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well there is also the Samsung Galaxy S which is coming to 5 carriers including verizon.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would wait and see which ones come out with Froyo and skip 2.1 all together.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison