PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good read on how the media feed lies to the public...................

Great job edub186. I agree with just about all you say. Going to college for graphic design really opened me up to this Apple Kool-Aid mentality that I couldn't stand. Not to be prejudice but I can pick out an Apple person from a mile away. Do Droid users put rainbow Droid stickers on their cars like Mac users!? It's crazy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
Great job edub186. I agree with just about all you say. Going to college for graphic design really opened me up to this Apple Kool-Aid mentality that I couldn't stand. Not to be prejudice but I can pick out an Apple person from a mile away. Do Droid users put rainbow Droid stickers on their cars like Mac users!? It's crazy.
gay pride droid stickers? huh? oh...forget it. lol
Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor

Great read edub186! I have three main reasons why I dislike the iphone. 1 ATT. 2 Itunes I can't stand how you can't carry your library with you from one computer to another. Even If you didn't buy the dam music from Itunes! Most households have two to three computers. 3 Steve Jobs he is ten times worse then Bill Gates in my opinion. Thats my rant!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EVO
Carrier: Sprint for about 6 years

chaos2137 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to chaos2137 Send a message via Skype™ to chaos2137

AWESOME POST---LITERALLY AWESOME, very detailed and informative , (thanks button ppushed)
Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

The media always feeds lies to the public....lol....it is our job as consumers to investigate on our own...other thing is I could really care less one way or the other,....unless I had stock in either company...dont know why anyone would care unless they directly benefit from the company...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

COULDNT PUSH THE THANKS BUTTON ENOUGH - very well written!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Sprint stands for "Southern Pacific Railroad Intelligent Network of Telecommunications"

You learn something new every day.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

that's a lot of words lol. is that your blog writeup or a repost?

to be fair to cnet.... they gave the iphone 4 a 4 out of 5, which is the same rating they gave previous iphones and latest android devices. they are not hyping it up like it's the savior of all phones.

i don't think we're ever going to escape the bias towards iphones. it's backed by apple, which controls both hardware and software; and it is stupid easy to use for the average consumer.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

lovetohateme is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to lovetohateme

Great post! What I find that's total BS is that every one of those sites talked about the battery life is horrible etc. But if you look at some of the videos posted, I see the GPS on (why would you need it on if your inside?) the wifi on. I am pretty sure everything is turned on, and most were using the live wallpapers. No matter how many comments they get about how to fix that issue, no one bothers updating their blogs, or looking into it.
I am surprised that engadget actually posted videos today of the iPhone being dropped 4 times and the screen cracking. But don't see the media making a big deal about it at all. Imagine if it had been the EVO that had the cracked screen - we would not hear the end of it.
This is what apple has always done best, most of their consumers are so brain washed its sad.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Moved to Phone Comparison

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison