PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid x

The processor and battery life on the Droid X will probably be way better than anything the Snapdragon does.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
Evo isn't gonna be capped for much longer. -
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/e...mmunity-video/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hpsK...layer_embedded

Camera quality on the Droid X isn't better -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl2-PxIxyok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0fu50l05Gs

Not a fanboi but it's clear the HTC EVO 4G is the more superior phone.
yea, i know about the uncapped stuff, but that's not even guaranteed. Right now there's screen tearing when it's uncapped, so it's not even complete, at least not since last i checked. There has to be a real reason why htc capped it in the first place and i'm not buying the excuse about hdmi out. i bet battery is going to take a beating. We gotta wait to see how that plays out and/or if htc puts out a fix to see if it should be considered.

Camcorder is still out for debate until i see more. htc is notorious for having some of the crappiest sensors for their cameras which is why I threw out the guess that droid x would have a little better one.

I would not call the evo a "more superior" phone. It has 4g capabilities, a front facing camera and htc backing it with custom software to its advantage. Of course, that last bit is just a matter of opinion as it's about the UI. There are many people who hate sense and think it has too much bloat. 4G is not a player right now IMO. It seems you gotta live in houston to have a reliable connection, and even then you drain battery down fast. When i get 4g in my area, i'm gonna leave it off as android with 3g is fast. The droid x has the better processor with gpu. Snapdragon is nice, but it's not better than that OMAP. Just check out games on the old droid with lesser cpu compared to any htc device with snapdragon. And out of the box it's not capped. Not everyone is willing to go through the root process, ya know?

I love my EVO and i wouldn't switch for the droid x, but there are clearly some advantages in the droid x, and also some for the evo. None of that matters to me anyway because I'm with sprint until they stop putting out equally good phones. I'll definitely check out the reviews as they come in to see what its shortcomings are. The EVO came with some negative surprises, so could the droid x.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-23-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

IMHO very important fact is that XDA-Devs only work on HTC products.. As nice as Motorola or Samsung devices might get, tweaking is very limited.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Have you seen this phone next do the Evo? It is freaking huge...Motorola puts too much blank space on their phones...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Phone Comparison
Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i think stock for stock the x has a slight edge on the evo. same screen size, better res, bigger batt, better processor. looks is more of a personal thing and while i really do love sense on android, for what i mainly use my phone for it doesnt do a lot more than what i could do with stuff from the market. i have never in my life done a video call so that is pretty irrelevant to me personally. 2 guys i work with have evos. the places i would most likely use the hot spot would be either at home or the office. at both locations my 3g beats sprints wimax both up and down and 4g is pretty prevelant in my area currently. normal browsing outside the 4g is faster but not mind blowing faster.

and as far as tweaking goes, you guys do realize that there are other phone sites besides here and xda right?! seriously the moto droid/milestone is probably one of the most (if not the most) popular android phones ever! there are many many sites dedicated to it so the hacking/tweaking will not be an issue. just because the moto forums here arent rockin doesnt mean no one is tweaking the phones, you guys need to get out more, the internet is kinda big...

Last edited by redd214; 06-24-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
IMHO very important fact is that XDA-Devs only work on HTC products.. As nice as Motorola or Samsung devices might get, tweaking is very limited.
i would have thought the same thing a couple months ago, but dude...you're way off. there has been tons of development and hacking done on the moto droid. i been helpin a few friends with theirs and it's really amazing what can be done to it.

Last edited by razorloves; 06-24-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i would have thought the same thing a couple months ago, but dude...you're way off. there has been tons of development and hacking done on the moto droid. i been helpin a few friends with theirs and it's really amazing what can be done to it.
quite right, just check droidforums.net tons of moto droid hacks. now whether the droid x will be rooted and modded anytime soon is anyone's guess.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
quite right, just check droidforums.net tons of moto droid hacks. now whether the droid x will be rooted and modded anytime soon is anyone's guess.
yea...i got my fingers crossed for an early droid x root. that phone is calling my name.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison