PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Tp 1# Vs Htc Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125463)

schoust 06-16-2010 06:43 PM

Tp 1# Vs Htc Incredible

Ok Guy's & Gals I just cant take this TP anymore and will be opting out early for a Droid Incredible but I wanted to touch base with some of you that have been here and done this already. I will be honest I have grown to love the phone with it's windows computer like options like word one note RDT and many other's If my phone did not have to be hard reset so often I would be keeping it! Honestly is there a way to stop the phone from running the likes of clock sink and such?Anyway to the people that have the incredible how does it stack up to the windows mobile phones? Do they have a similar app to take the place of the likes of office?Is it easy to sync your information with a windows based Pci specifically need to be able to remote desktop into several different pc's and make changes to various programs as needed on the fly.... Am I being paranoid or do I have a legitimate worry? Can this phone cut the mustard? Or should I wait for the Windows 7 phone??? This phone is a very critical device in my tool box and if I make a mistake I will not be able to tell my boss I do not like it! Lastly what the heck is taking so long with this device? I have to wait until 7/9 to get one? Are they having problems? Or does this thing have such rare parts that they are hard to come by?
Thanks Guy's

gTen 06-17-2010 12:01 AM

Re: Tp 1# Vs Htc Incredible

There is Office for Android, there is also RDP...the best ones are paid but its like a few $ and pretty cheap. There are some free ones too.

You can also do sync..i you need tasks though you will need an application but they are free.

Incredible is similar to the Nexus One..

As for TP, if you want it to function the best..then dump htc sense and use a bare rom (it will use titanium interface)

Also there will be a few new android phones coming to verizon this month so probably want to keep an eye on how they compare.

schoust 06-17-2010 10:04 AM

Wow I guess I should have looked a bit better! Do you know if any of those new phones will be offering a keyboard? Will the have similer power??I am just flat sick of the crashes and slow mo...

gTen 06-17-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schoust (Post 1820517)
Wow I guess I should have looked a bit better! Do you know if any of those new phones will be offering a keyboard? Will the have similer power??I am just flat sick of the crashes and slow mo...

Well for keyboard there is the Motorola Droid 2...(but to note Motorola tend to be harder to root)

There may be others...have to research it..

Edit:

Oh I just remembered, if you still want windows mobile there is:

Quote:

If you're still hanging on to the hope that Windows Mobile is going to serve you just fine in the coming years, LG and Verizon have at least one more option for your phone needs -- and it's running 6.5.3, a first for a US carrier launch. Enter the LG Fathom, a 1GHz touchscreen device with a 3.2-inch screen, slide out QWERTY keyboard, WiFi, a microSD slot (for up to 16GB of storage), and a 3.2 megapixel camera. The device will be available for pre-orders on May 27th, with a street date of June 3rd, and will run you $149.99 after a two year contract and $100 mail-in rebate. If you want all the details, just check out the PR after the break.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/24/l...-3-on-verizon/

schoust 06-19-2010 08:59 AM

Well if that windows Mobil is anything like what I have now I would pass on that. Honestly I am ready to move on to Android platform I have heard through many that it's very stable and has a very large selection of apps to choose from that I'm sure hoping will be up to snuff and capable of doing the things that I want to do. The only app that I will miss is my Wonder Radio (streaming player) But I'm sure that there is another app like it on the Android platform.

kuluminati 06-23-2010 09:48 AM

schoust,

I would suggest going over to XDA and finding the Android build for the TP. I know they make one, I have seen it around. You may want to try that before opting out early and paying through the nose for something you may not even like. I have tried Android on a Hero, Touch and Touch Diamond and havent been impressed with how its setup compared to some of the ROMs I have ran for Windows Mobile.

Just my two cents on something that could save you money.. That Fathom looks like a pig too btw. I would love a Winmo phone with a 1ghz.. That just sounds delicious!