PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint CFO: HTC EVO can take on iPhone 4 **Good Read**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
getting ready? they went into effect on monday

also the Evo destroys the iPhone 4, the only specs the iPhone has on the evo is screen resolution (who cares, the evo looks pretty damn good) and the iphone 4 is like 3 mm thinner, who gives a rat's?

also, where does apple get off introducing "video calling" as something brand new never been done before and you have to be on a wifi connection to do it. i liked engadget's comment on their liveblog during steve's keynote, "hey rest of the world, how do you feel about steve finally catching up?"
I think I read that they can only do video conferencing via a wifi connection, correct me if I am wrong? Still will be nice, EVO and i4 being some of the only phones with the capability.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-10-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Nokia phones have had that capability for a while now.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

secondtwiggy is just getting started

I have a question, can you use Qik on a 3G connection? Or does it have to be 4G?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

sprint plans are still cheaper.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
You do realize that AT&T users with the iPhone have the tiered plan, AND must pay $30 a month as opposed to the $10 sprint fee. So we are waaay better off. And that's not even mentioning sprint's super cheap plan on top of it all. For the first time in my life, I can happily say : Sprint Wins, AT&T Fails
Just because we may pay less than an average Iphone users on ATT, we are still getting screwed. We have to pay a extra $10 for a "richer data experience" while already having a unlimited data plan.

How I feel about everybody being all happy and chipper about it is Sprint will see this and take their inch and make it it into 10miles over time.

Evo on 3g

Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Here is something funny I find about the Iphone 4. One of the big marketing points they make is the steel band around the phone acts as an antenna. So is this Apple's implied way of admitting that the bad call quality of previous Iphones were cause of hardware issues? And it took them 3 revisions to fix that LOL.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Here is something funny I find about the Iphone 4. One of the big marketing points they make is the steel band around the phone acts as an antenna. So is this Apple's implied way of admitting that the bad call quality of previous Iphones were cause of hardware issues? And it took them 3 revisions to fix that LOL.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I think I read that they can only do video conferencing via a wifi connection, correct me if I am wrong? Still will be nice, EVO and i4 being some of the only phones with the capability.

-CC
yes that's what i said, to use video calling on the iphone 4 can only be used when connected to a wifi network, here's engadget:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/f...d-to-iphone-4/

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtwiggy View Post
I have a question, can you use Qik on a 3G connection? Or does it have to be 4G?
i haven't personally seen it but i thought i heard that you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
more likely its them trying to fix att's network problem for them. since apple can't fix it themselves they had to do something because the iphone was getting a bad rap because of the network, i don't know about everywhere else but i get complaints from att customers using a lot of phone models, not just the iphone
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
also the Evo destroys the iPhone 4, the only specs the iPhone has on the evo is screen resolution (who cares, the evo looks pretty damn good) and the iphone 4 is like 3 mm thinner, who gives a rat's?
No actually the iPhone hardware is superior to the EVO ....the iphone has an extra sensor and a hummingbird processor (which is more powerful and 45m so it is smaller and more efficient) thus more battery life.

Whats holding Apple back is as always the software...the only spec EVO beats the iPhone is on the camera....

Its kinda sad but when is HTC gonna release a WOW phone and not stick to minimum upgrading >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
No actually the iPhone hardware is superior to the EVO ....the iphone has an extra sensor and a hummingbird processor (which is more powerful and 45m so it is smaller and more efficient) thus more battery life.

Whats holding Apple back is as always the software...the only spec EVO beats the iPhone is on the camera....

Its kinda sad but when is HTC gonna release a WOW phone and not stick to minimum upgrading >.>
On Monday's Attack of the Show, of course they spent 15 minutes talking Iphone 4 and 6 seconds to talk about the strong sales of the EVO. But anyways, a guy on that show who was at the announcement show did say that the camcorder on the Iphone4 has the quality to replace a Flip recorder. I'll admit that is impressive, I don't think our EVO has that quality. But anyways, it will come down to personal preference. In the end I don't see myself owning an Iphone for a very long time. Just can't stand apples company attitude.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ofrasser/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison