PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Hero vs EVO advice pls

OK. I am growing tired of the sluggishness of the Hero. I have flashed to 2.1.2 ROM and really love it, but I think the Hero is a bit under powered.
I am itching for the EVO, but I am REALLY hung up over the $120/year fee just for the ability to own one. But... I am wanting MORE SPEED!
Will Froyo help on the Hero or should I quit my whining over this nonsense fee and get the EVO? (It became even harder to resist the EVO today after I saw the new iPone 4 specs and features).
So, would you go EVO even with the bottomless fee?
I have been fighting this fee tooth and nail, but now I am weakening for something nicer...
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Hero vs EVO advice pls

Moved to Phone Comparison
Old 06-11-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

derfnoslen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've been reading a few different forums and there are reports that the EVO is having the same keyboard lag that the Hero does even with a 1Ghz processor. I don't know why they can't make a phone that doesn't lag.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I have no keyboard lag at all.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
OK. I am growing tired of the sluggishness of the Hero. I have flashed to 2.1.2 ROM and really love it, but I think the Hero is a bit under powered.
I am itching for the EVO, but I am REALLY hung up over the $120/year fee just for the ability to own one. But... I am wanting MORE SPEED!
Will Froyo help on the Hero or should I quit my whining over this nonsense fee and get the EVO? (It became even harder to resist the EVO today after I saw the new iPone 4 specs and features).
So, would you go EVO even with the bottomless fee?
I have been fighting this fee tooth and nail, but now I am weakening for something nicer...
I say you have to upgrade. $120 a year is easily worth having a phone you love. So I'd wait till the 24th and play with that new iPhone, then play with an Evo, and see where you wanna go, but you gotta ditch the hero with its small screen, slow processor, horrible resolution.

edit: I have NO lag on my HD2, there is ZERO lag on the nexus one, and I doubt the Evo does either when configured correctly.

I assure you there will be zero kb lag on the iPhone.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

There are some notable differences between the two phones. Most notable speed in how things just open up and work (even with the little wrinkles that are being ironed out).

Typing is different because now you have a much bigger screen to type on which = better typing experience.

You'll also get the "live" wall papers if it's something you're into.

My overall experience thus far is evo is just better in every way. I've updated my hero to the same os and it's missing a few features, but it's not a deal breaker as it gains many more.

Most if not all of my programs works on both so that wasn't a problem. But if you're only looking at a buck and a half, do it, you won't regret it.

What made me jump was the flash! Believe it or not, that's EXTREMELY useful (for me). A second pleasant surprising feature is the 2nd front mounted camera!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

derfnoslen is just getting started

I'd give it a few months. The EVO has a few issues that are coming up. And if you check out a few EVO forums around the net, there are reports of lag. Battery life, build issues, fps issues, etc... I'd give it awhile before you upgrade.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

The only thing I don't like is the screen input lag, but this is presumably something in the firmware that HTC put there. I'm sure it'll be either hacked or fixed.

However, even with this issue, it's a MUCH faster device than my gf's Hero (all around). Well worth the upgrade, IMO.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison