PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you do? ... based on the info provided...
Evo 14 56.00%
Blackberry 9650 - Sprint 6 24.00%
Stick with the Touch Pro 2 3 12.00%
None of the above 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick w/ HTC TP2, or...???

Ok here's my question... using the phone for email, a boatload of texts, and a few calls... (I can care less about apps... never brought one a day in my 10 years with Sprint) Based on this would you go with Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick with your HTC TP2, Boost, or.... positive suggestions welcomed...

I currently own a HTC Touch Pro 2 (STOCK) that has been giving me a lot of problems. Freeze up, screen go black and I have to take the battery out to get it to come back on, when I restart the phone send random text messages, even after a I clear storage the phone freeze up when I hit the talk button to make a call or after I make a call.... A number of issues that I no longer want to deal with.

Call me cheap but I'm not too crazy about paying $10 a month for the Evo just like many others but if it's my only reasonable choice I may consider it or go to Boost since I can live without 3G internet if I had to do just text and voice...

I know everyone has their own opinion so that's why I'm asking this, for everyone's personal opinon...

p.s. I'm aware that Evo/BB 9650, Boost etc... are not in the same category...

Sorry if this in the wrong thread...

Last edited by KDmospd; 06-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick w/ HTC TP2, or...???

For boatload of texts, you cannot beat BB. The software on it is ass. Looks like one, has same features like one, but the keyboard, and no "WinMo Lag" is a winner.

Evo, while shaping out to be an amazing phone, lacks hardware keyboard, which is more or less a must, if you are a heavy texter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

based on the forum you put it in i would suspect that the overwhelming majority or people are gonna vote for the evo. some are better with soft input panels than others. i say give the evo a test drive if you cant comfortably bang out texts on it then return it and switch nothing to lose that way
Old 06-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
For boatload of texts, you cannot beat BB. The software on it is ass. Looks like one, has same features like one, but the keyboard, and no "WinMo Lag" is a winner.

Evo, while shaping out to be an amazing phone, lacks hardware keyboard, which is more or less a must, if you are a heavy texter.
I thought a hardware keyboard was a must as well as I send 3k+ texts a month. I got my Evo yesterday and discovered that this is one of the best executed on-screen keyboards I have ever used. This phone is everything it's cracked up to me. The only problem is that you may have to wipe the drool of the screen after you show it off and maybe when you first get it.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1
Threadstarter

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
based on the forum you put it in i would suspect that the overwhelming majority or people are gonna vote for the evo. some are better with soft input panels than others. i say give the evo a test drive if you cant comfortably bang out texts on it then return it and switch nothing to lose that way
Yeah, I thought about the forum I put it in too but wasn't sure where to go to get a fair vote... I figured there's enough EVO ($10) haters to get a fair vote... thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
This phone is everything it's cracked up to me.
See this is where I stand hesitant.. the same was said about the TP2, although the touch pro 2 is a great phone and I like the UI, it's still unstable and gives me hell if I'm trying to make a call in a hurry... Once again this is with a clean boot. I'm on my 3rd Tp2 and lockline is giving me an option.

Last edited by KDmospd; 06-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

no problem bud. i like you had reservations about giving up the keyboard and honeslty if htc released an android phone with similar specs to the evo/incredible with a keyboard i would switch to it in a heartbeat. but as wisdom said typing on these capactive screens is much easier than i anticipated, i get better every day!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

The Evo will be Sprint's best of the best for a while anyways, but that doesn't mean its the best fit for everyone. Based on what you stated your needs are, I would suggest a Blackberry. They are about the best phones you can get for calls, text and email. If you think you might want more features in the near future, then go with the Evo.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

I've had them all except the EVO, and after hearing what you use your phone for I have no doubt that a blackberry would best suit your needs. I think the blackberry is awesome for emails and text, which seems like it's what you would use it mostly for. You're right TP2 and basically all windows phones are so glitchy.

Blackberry's might not be the "flashiest" phones, but functionally they work great....hope this helps ya out
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Clear your drafts folder in your SMS. If you have any draft messages, once you restart the phone it will automatically send them all out.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Phone Comparison

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
9650, bb, blackberry, evo, tp2