PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick w/ HTC TP2, or...??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123297)

KDmospd 06-02-2010 03:40 PM

Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick w/ HTC TP2, or...???

Ok here's my question... using the phone for email, a boatload of texts, and a few calls... (I can care less about apps... never brought one a day in my 10 years with Sprint) Based on this would you go with Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick with your HTC TP2, Boost, or.... positive suggestions welcomed...

I currently own a HTC Touch Pro 2 (STOCK) that has been giving me a lot of problems. Freeze up, screen go black and I have to take the battery out to get it to come back on, when I restart the phone send random text messages, even after a I clear storage the phone freeze up when I hit the talk button to make a call or after I make a call.... A number of issues that I no longer want to deal with.

Call me cheap but I'm not too crazy about paying $10 a month for the Evo just like many others but if it's my only reasonable choice I may consider it or go to Boost since I can live without 3G internet if I had to do just text and voice...

I know everyone has their own opinion so that's why I'm asking this, for everyone's personal opinon...

p.s. I'm aware that Evo/BB 9650, Boost etc... are not in the same category...

Sorry if this in the wrong thread...

Meanee 06-02-2010 03:48 PM

Re: Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick w/ HTC TP2, or...???

For boatload of texts, you cannot beat BB. The software on it is ass. Looks like one, has same features like one, but the keyboard, and no "WinMo Lag" is a winner.

Evo, while shaping out to be an amazing phone, lacks hardware keyboard, which is more or less a must, if you are a heavy texter.

redd214 06-02-2010 03:54 PM

based on the forum you put it in i would suspect that the overwhelming majority or people are gonna vote for the evo. some are better with soft input panels than others. i say give the evo a test drive if you cant comfortably bang out texts on it then return it and switch nothing to lose that way

WisdomWolfX 06-02-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meanee (Post 1787509)
For boatload of texts, you cannot beat BB. The software on it is ass. Looks like one, has same features like one, but the keyboard, and no "WinMo Lag" is a winner.

Evo, while shaping out to be an amazing phone, lacks hardware keyboard, which is more or less a must, if you are a heavy texter.

I thought a hardware keyboard was a must as well as I send 3k+ texts a month. I got my Evo yesterday and discovered that this is one of the best executed on-screen keyboards I have ever used. This phone is everything it's cracked up to me. The only problem is that you may have to wipe the drool of the screen after you show it off and maybe when you first get it. :toothy7:

KDmospd 06-02-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1787521)
based on the forum you put it in i would suspect that the overwhelming majority or people are gonna vote for the evo. some are better with soft input panels than others. i say give the evo a test drive if you cant comfortably bang out texts on it then return it and switch nothing to lose that way

Yeah, I thought about the forum I put it in too but wasn't sure where to go to get a fair vote... I figured there's enough EVO ($10) haters to get a fair vote... thanks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1787523)
This phone is everything it's cracked up to me. :toothy7:

See this is where I stand hesitant.. the same was said about the TP2, although the touch pro 2 is a great phone and I like the UI, it's still unstable and gives me hell if I'm trying to make a call in a hurry... Once again this is with a clean boot. I'm on my 3rd Tp2 and lockline is giving me an option.

redd214 06-02-2010 04:08 PM

no problem bud. i like you had reservations about giving up the keyboard and honeslty if htc released an android phone with similar specs to the evo/incredible with a keyboard i would switch to it in a heartbeat. but as wisdom said typing on these capactive screens is much easier than i anticipated, i get better every day!

stroths 06-02-2010 04:31 PM

The Evo will be Sprint's best of the best for a while anyways, but that doesn't mean its the best fit for everyone. Based on what you stated your needs are, I would suggest a Blackberry. They are about the best phones you can get for calls, text and email. If you think you might want more features in the near future, then go with the Evo.

jdizzle 06-02-2010 06:52 PM

I've had them all except the EVO, and after hearing what you use your phone for I have no doubt that a blackberry would best suit your needs. I think the blackberry is awesome for emails and text, which seems like it's what you would use it mostly for. You're right TP2 and basically all windows phones are so glitchy.

Blackberry's might not be the "flashiest" phones, but functionally they work great....hope this helps ya out

xSD 06-02-2010 06:55 PM

Clear your drafts folder in your SMS. If you have any draft messages, once you restart the phone it will automatically send them all out.

Carla 06-02-2010 07:30 PM

Moved to Phone Comparison