PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Evo 4G Vs. Incredible video quality

For the people complaining. Shut it.
A lot of people probably don't notice the difference on youtube, due to them not having a hd monitor or tv to view the youtube vids of the Evo 4G in its true quality. So I decided to screen capture the vids so some of the hd-less can have some sort of idea.

Evo 4G is on the top, Incredible on the bottom.

Not trying to bash the Incredible ( i actually admire it. ) Just want to let people see the comparison.

The Hd on the Evo is clear.

- Look at the right side of the pic wear you can see the silver car back window and look at the ridges shown on the Incredible and how smooth it look on the Evo.

- Look at Noahs forehead it look as if someone made it with a bunch of legos on the Incredible ( notice the small squares ) compared to the Evo 4G

- Notice how the pavement on the Incredible video doesn't look authentic and kinda have a cartoon-y look to it. While the Evo 4G looks more true to life.

- And where is the nice blue sky in the Incredible video? Did it disappear

I can name a few more but I guess you get the picture.

This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Re: Evo 4G Vs. Incredible video quality

That should quiet some people down, but sadly it won't. Looks good to me, Evo 4g.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Nice!

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

an improvement no doubt, but its the framerate that kills it.

there is no argument for that, it just sucks. looks like 13 fps. I wish you could record in less than HD and get a smoother famerate out of it
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

not trying to flame but the above example is not a fair comparison. keep in mind that HD means nothing more than quantity of pixels, not quality. so just because it has an 8 megapixel sensor, doesn't mean that the image quality is better (in fact, sometimes it can make it worse).

both devices need to be recording at the same resolution (720x480, since i assume that is the max of the Incredible), without both at the same resolution, there is no point in comparing as you wouldnt compare the image clarity of a 1080p camcorder to that of a standard-def handycam, no contest. or at the very, very least, take screen caps from both of them playing at 480 on YouTube.

seeing the blue in the sky is due to the aperture of the Evo being slightly less open due to it focusing on a different part of the image at the time (notice that everything else is darker on the Evo, and so a bright sky is more viewable). with these type of cameras, they are constantly adjusting to try to make sure as much as the image is viewable as possible.

to have a real comparison, all of these things would need to be controlled:
- both recording at the same resolution
- a very controlled light source (inside with very bright lights)
- both phones secured and stationary right next to each other

give me all of these and put the videos side-by-side and then anyone can be the judge.

other than that, i do believe that the Evo's camera will be better than that of most and I can't wait to pick this phone up! although i do wish that OEMs would stop trying to up the megapixel count and focus on putting in more quality sensors that can actually compare to any non-camera phone digital camera. but then again, most people don't understand that more pixels ≠ better quality, so i guess there's no point.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

whetzel is becoming a great contributor

I've already seen both of these videos, and I have to admit, I'm really disappointed in the EVO's video recording quality. The Incredible's quality is much better, IMO.

The EVO does have a little higher resolution, but the colors and lighting completely ruin it. In a real world situation, which is what this is in the video, I would take the Incredible over the EVO any day for recording videos.

That's just my 2 cents.

Edit: Oh, edub186, just to let you know, pretty much all computer monitors sold in the last 15 years have been capable of displaying HD content, so everyone should be able to view the EVO's video in it's highest resolution.

Last edited by whetzel; 05-28-2010 at 11:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i didnt seem to care
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Capone is just getting started

As long as it looks pretty, I'm game.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
You must of had one hell of a computer to display HD quality 15 years ago!!

I had a computer running win 95 that displayed VGA
He has a Droid Incredible and feel a ways about it. Like I said this post was not to degrade the phone, but made to show the quality of the htc Evo camera over the next best phone available IMO. It was also to show this difference in quality to a standard video compared to a 720p vid.

Also, I never knew everyone had an HDTV or monitor at there home. A lot of people still don't have cable. Where have I been?
Old 05-29-2010, 02:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

he may have been exaggerating with the 15 years thing but i get what he was saying. Most COMPUTER MONITORS have been at HD or above resolution for years, it was just before HD was even a catch phrase to sell things. My old monitor from like 7-8 years ago was 1280x800 which is enough to display 720p. but that still doesnt mean EVERYONE can experience hd nowadays. but if you still use an actual pc monitor that cant its pretty sad
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
comparison, evo, incredible, pics, video