PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you do? ... based on the info provided...
Evo 14 56.00%
Blackberry 9650 - Sprint 6 24.00%
Stick with the Touch Pro 2 3 12.00%
None of the above 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo, Blackberry 9650, stick w/ HTC TP2, or...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
based on the forum you put it in i would suspect that the overwhelming majority or people are gonna vote for the evo. some are better with soft input panels than others. i say give the evo a test drive if you cant comfortably bang out texts on it then return it and switch nothing to lose that way

And you gotta remember though, everyone who has used a lot of different types of phones will tell you, you learn to use whatever keyboard you have. Aparently the EVO keyboard is BA, despite the comments that android 2.1 keyboards suck. I was going to use swype on it, but I guess I'll try it first. I suggest the BB just because you don't have to worry about lag, which is honestly extremely prevalent on the TP2, but the EVO is supposed to be lighting speedy awesomely quick.. If you want to roll with the times, get the EVO. If you want pure standard functionality, get the BB
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just from what you've posted as priorities, BB9650 (I am biased as this is my current phone) is the way to go. The Evo may be under used or you may be converted and your usage patterns adjust to Evoness!

The 9650 is solid will support OS 6 and the Webkit which is getting hyped to be the answer to BB web browsing. No lag, great email, trackpad is awesome compared to trackball and keyboard is smooth.

BrennB
Old 06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

if you don't care about apps, widgets, aesthetics, a big ass screen etc.. and want to text, email, call, and such, I'd get a SERO account from bargain trader and stick with the Pro2

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
9650, bb, blackberry, evo, tp2