PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Replacing TP2 with either an EVO or Moment. Opinions? Advice? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122127)

tt C6 05-22-2010 09:48 PM

Replacing TP2 with either an EVO or Moment. Opinions? Advice?

I'm replacing my TP2 this week.
I want the Evo's 1ghz processor, 4.3" screen, and HTC Sense.
But, I LOVE having a QWERTY keyboard.

What advice to you all have since you have knowledge/experience with the Moment ????

Thanks.

ubnub82 05-22-2010 11:02 PM

Re: Replacing TP2 with either an EVO or Moment. Opinions? Advice?

Personally I would say the EVO cause it is most likely going to 2.2 Froyo on it without having to use a rom which the Moment will probably get. EVO has sense ui to which makes it feel smother so I would probably go with EVO.

MikeElGiga23 05-22-2010 11:35 PM

I gotta say, after the 2.1 update, I have fallen in love with my moment. Everything is so smooth and it takes anything I can dish at it so I say that its a good choice (expecially with launcherpro which gives you a nexus one like launcher which looks sooo awesome) but the evo is a complete monster. If the qwerty isn't a 100% dead-on strict requirement, by all means, get the evo you won't regret it.

I absolutely love my moment (imho its sprint best all around device up to date) but ill trade it for the evo the first chance I get

tom6433 05-23-2010 05:21 AM

i got rid of my TP1 for the EVO and then found out about the $10 a month "cool phone surcharge" so i ended up telling them to stick it and got the moment. i thought i could live w/o a qwerty kb but now that i have the moment i don't regret the choice. it is not a super phone like the EVO, but it is a decent phone. and i agree with mike, i think the moment is the best phone that sprint currently has on their shelves.

l33tlinuxh4x0r 05-23-2010 10:28 AM

go with the EVO, I just got a moment and it sucks... I can never get a gps lock, it is slow even with 2.1 and i like the onscreen keyboard better than the hard one even though I thought that I would need the hard one. I have always had a hard keyboard but the moments sucks. Sorry to bash the moment but speaking from the week that I have had it, it really sucks. Android is awesome though :P

tom6433 05-23-2010 10:48 AM

i wouldn't say the moment sucks, but it is a different caliber of a phone. coming from the same phone you did i would say the moment's keyboard is not as easy to use, but i have become accustomed to it.

to teh OP....the moment is out now. get it and test drive it for 30 days. if you don't like it, return it and get the evo. problem solved.

SporkLover 05-27-2010 04:58 PM

I just made the jump from the TP2 to the Moment.

Somethings I miss: Wifi Tethering, World Phone.

Definitely more responsive than the TP2 with the best Rom

If you have to have a hardware keyboard you'll feel comfortable with the Moment, although adjusting is somewhat weird (key placement is slightly different).... but I find myself using the keyboard less and less theses days, I either use the software keyboard or Voice to Text.

SPIK3 05-27-2010 10:35 PM

I would say get the Evo once it comes out, it will be the updated to froyo and will be the best android phone out there for a lil while. The moment probably wont get updated past 2.1 so you'll be stuck there.

meatgel 05-31-2010 02:13 AM

I was going to get an EVO, but I doubt I'll have 4G in my area for a while and I don't want to raise my bill for something I can't use. Anyway, I went from the TP2 to the Moment. The keyboard is strange to get used to, but I'm getting there. It's pretty nice. I'm going to hang on to it, then use my upgrade when the "Christmas" phones come out.

Ragster 05-31-2010 05:45 PM

If you have 4G in your area or will have it soon, get it, otherwise you're paying more for no reason. All I know is that I hate typing on my Hero... SenseUI is amazing and all but its so annoying to text... The Moment really makes it so much easier to text, but it takes some time as the layout is really different than the TP2's.

So I guess it boils down to your needs;

Bigger screen
Faster Proc / More RAM
Better Camera
4G, when available
More internal storage

Or

Better looking screen
Cheaper
QWERTY Keyboard

Might also want to check out the Evo forums to see what people are talking about and if there are any big problems :)