PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How many switced from TP2 for EVO?

I'm just wondering how many of you switched over from the TP2? Do you like Android and EVO alot more than WM and the TP2? Any regrets from switching over to EVO? Do you still have to reset the phone constantly like the TP2 and is it more stable?

I personally switched over to the iphone because I got burned out of the constant rom changes and almost daily resets with WM phones.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G (still have touch pro)
Carrier: sprint

saecrow is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How many switced from TP2 for EVO?

i switched from a pro 2 and could not be happier! when the hero first came out i switched to it from the touch pro. . . for a day (and after about 5 hours i knew i wouldn't be sticking with it!) i was die-hard on winmo and the hardware keyboard. the hero was snappy but the lag time from portrait to landscape switching was ridiculous! it went back the next day.

the evo is awesome, i don't miss the hardware keyboard at all and this thing smokes. there is no hesitation whatsoever. i have had the occasional force close of a 3rd party app, but it's quick and painless and opens on a relaunch (not needing a reboot). i am so happy to be rid of my pro 2. . . it's night and day between these two devices
Old 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dechutes is a n00b

I made the switch and love it. I haven't had to reboot but one time and that was when I was still just messing around with it and setting it up (I have had some programs crash, but it doesn't hose the phone anymore ). I can't think of any functionality that i have lost, and i have gained a lot more. Plus the capacitive screen is really nice.

I won't be going back!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I did. There are things I like on the TP2 that I don't on the Evo but a few more things I like on the Evo. But does it justify giving up my $40 plan...I don't know. I think eventually a lot of the things extra on the Evo I will end up not using. Like front camera, 4g (itll just use up my battery unless it's plugged in). I have 2 weeks till my 30 day is over so I need to decide soon if I wanna keep it.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I love it as well and have no regrets. Have been using a WM device for the past 10 years and finally moved on. No regrets at all. No need for reboots and I don't even have the desire to root my EVO and put a custom Rom on it. This thing rocks with stock! On the other hand, I couldn't last a day with a stock ROM on a WM device..........

My first thing when I got a new WM device would be how can I change it to make it better. My first thing with my EVO was wow, I can just use it the way it is and just worry about getting some cool apps for it!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I took a slight detour to the Hero for about a month to make sure I would like it and now I have an EVO and love it. The hardware is far superior to anything else out there. Even the iPhone. I have an old iPhone with no service I used to use for wifi surfing and apps. I picked it up yesterday for the first time since I switched to Android and laughed at it. Android is way better. My wife now owns my Hero.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I went from PPC6700--> Mogul --> Vogue --> Diamond --> iPhone --> TP --> Palm Pre --> TP2 --> EVO. I love the EVO and the Android OS. For me it offers the best balance of stability, flexibilty, and customization. Rebooting the phone is not a necessity as it was with WM and overall I think I will stick with Android for awhile, though I may have to check out a WP7 phone when released in the fall.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I agree with you guys that its smooth and no crash. Well once for me when I tried to unlock..I had to remove the battery but that was it.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO / TP2

blackte4 is becoming a great contributor

I did.... I still have it until the 1st then my aunt will take my old babe... I miss it but the apps and 4g is helping me through.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I switched over also. I'm glad I did.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison