PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nothing because I'm broke. :'-( sad i know..
Carrier: Alltel (i guess Verizon now...)

rebelmuddlite is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My personal opinion: Droid vs. Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
Thanks! Great Comparison!
android in general blows wm and the tp2 away
IMO the droid kills the incredible. I dont like sense. I need a keyboard. and sense phones will not get updates right away. The droid and nexus one will be the ONLY phone to get full flash and the first phones to get android 2.2
And with rooting the possibilities are endless. roms and overclocking. the incredible is not match for the droid

the only thing i dont like about the droid is that stupid people dont understand it:

person 1: OH YOU HAVE THE DROID
me: YA BUT ITS ROOTED, OVERCLOCKED AND I HAVE A CUSTOM ROM ON IT
person 1: UUUUMM....WHAT!!!!?????
me: I DID SOME SIMPLE "HACKS" TO MAKE IT FASTER AND TO MAKE IT LOOK NICER
person 1: OHHH I GET IT! CAN YOU DO THAT TO MY RAZR???

uggggggggg whats wrong with people
you should have told him yeah and typed in his phone ##23885 and the send key he'd of been ****ed with the diagnostics blue and white screen until he got a new one
Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Thumbs down Re: My personal opinion: Droid vs. Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
Thanks! Great Comparison!
android in general blows wm and the tp2 away
IMO the droid kills the incredible. I dont like sense. I need a keyboard. and sense phones will not get updates right away. The droid and nexus one will be the ONLY phone to get full flash and the first phones to get android 2.2
And with rooting the possibilities are endless. roms and overclocking. the incredible is not match for the droid
Icant belive people are compairing the Droid I to the Moto Droid! Stock device Vs. Modded? thats apples to oranges!! the only thing the Moto droid will always have over the droid i is a hardware kb ( this is my first device owned without one) even with that being said if people stop crying and give the onscreen kb a chance u may end up liking it! if i know the on screen worked so well on a 3.7 screen a year ago i would have got the imagio instead of the tp2 (got my tp2 at launch like my droid i)

To everyone who feels the moto droid is better right now what are u going to say and have to pick with when we get root?(whice is coming very soon) yes ur device maxes out at our base but thank where our max is going to be!! just think some!! and some more!! and just keep thinking

Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Read the previous posts Jack...

Last edited by tvandyck7; 05-11-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:25 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Icant belive people are compairing the Droid I to the Moto Droid! Stock device Vs. Modded? thats apples to oranges!! the only thing the Moto droid will always have over the droid i is a hardware kb ( this is my first device owned without one) even with that being said if people stop crying and give the onscreen kb a chance u may end up liking it! if i know the on screen worked so well on a 3.7 screen a year ago i would have got the imagio instead of the tp2 (got my tp2 at launch like my droid i)

To everyone who feels the moto droid is better right now what are u going to say and have to pick with when we get root?(whice is coming very soon) yes ur device maxes out at our base but thank where our max is going to be!! just think some!! and some more!! and just keep thinking
OMGWTFBBQ!!! I cant believe we were naive enough to compare modded Motos to the all mighty unrooted Incredible!

Wow, did you forget to take your meds? Everyone in here agrees that the only reason the Moto is better right now is because of the mods, and everyone knows it's only a matter of time till the Incredible is rooted and modded too. After the Incredible gets OC'd and some nice custom ROMs it will be top dog for a few weeks, at least until the EVO comes out. Then a few months after that something else will be released and be better than the EVO, and then something better will be released after that too. Try to relax a little

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 05-12-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

slidebabyslide is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
I went to the VZW store today and played with the Incredible for a while. It's an awesome device with many great features.
Some of the cons:
1.) The camera did't cut it for me. It is pretty much a remake of the iPhone camera. The pics turned out washed out (worse than the Droid when compared side by side but might be due to the screen).
2.) The screen is not as vibrant as the Droid.
3.) The phone feels very plasticy and doesn't feel durable. It almost feels hollow.
4.) The glass screen already had scratches on it when the Droid sitting next to it was still scratch-free and has been there much longer.
5.) The lack of a physical keyboard is a bummer. I don't use mine much but I quickly realized how valuable it is (for ex: typing this post).
6.) The lack of a physical camera button with focus sucks.
7.) The charger port was already very loose and floppy.
Thanks. I was going to get the incredible but im going with the droid. I been thinking about it for a month.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyfan View Post
My wife just bought a new Droid for me and the Incredible for her (FedEX should deliver sometime today), and one of the reasons she got the Incredible was for the camera. She loves the idea of just using her phone as a camera so she doesn't always have to carry around another thing around. Of you guys who actually have what is the picture quality like?
I didn't think it was that great, but many say it is very good. I only messed with it for a few minutes so I don't know enough to say. It is VERY similar to the iPhone 3gs camera.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Phone Comparison
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just an FYI for those comparing. I can say one thing: with Sprint the EVO is #1 and with Verizon the Incredible is #1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EVO_Positioning-LEGALLY_APPROVED.pdf (38.2 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schoust is a n00b

Stupid question but whats rooted mean? I am haveing a hard time givin up the keyboard and want to be sure the increadable is worth the move away from the droid.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Rooted is basically unlocking. So you can then write/change/hack the phone to your liking.

BrennB

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison