PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
HTC incredible vs N1

are there any major differences?
i heard the incredible is coming to vzw not the n1, anyone heard about this?

if both are announced should i get the n1 or wait for the incredible

i havnt seen many pictures of the incredible, has anyone found a good one?

http://www.dailytech.com/Sprint+Gets...ticle17915.htm

thanks

Old 03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Nathan_Barstow14 is a n00b
Re: HTC incredible vs N1

I went into our local VZW store this morning and spoke with the regional manager - he answered a lot of my questions. To sum this up, both devices are coming to Verizon. The N1 will be an online order only, and the HTC Incredible will be the in-store seller. He hinted to me that both would be released at/around the same time. I forgot to ask him if the N1 would be subsidized or not, but he told me he has personally used both devices and would highly recommend the HTC Incredible over the Google Nexus One.

He also informed me of a few other things... apparently the Incredible will be the first Andoird phone to offer App installation to the storage card! (this was news to me, don't know if anyone else has heard that or not). He then proceeded to tell me about a WM7 he was able to try out (and was an HTC device with similar specs to the Imagio! Instead of the LG device seen online usually) and said that he loved it.

This if a bit off topic, but figure I'd throw this tid-bit in as well - he also told me about a new BlackBerry device coming out soon (if you've seen the leaked image, it is the supposed slider-style BB). And get this - it's a Google/BlackBerry joint venture! It runs a hybrid of BB OS and Android! He told me he was very excited for it and that it was the best of both worlds. I find his to be a little far fetched, but that is exactly what the regional manager had told me...

Last edited by Nathan_Barstow14; 03-18-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

so i found a post on androidandme:

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news...ics-and-specs/

there are lots of rumors, about specs, some of which are only on that site...hmmm

but to me in comes down to a few things. one is the price, i am willing to pay full price for the n1, but if the incredible really does come with 512 (especially that 1gb the above link claims) then i may consider that as it will be subsidized for probably around 200, much cheaper than full price nexus. however my goal was to save my upgrade for when wp7 comes out later this year...so still leaning toward n1

two, i don't like the way it looks in the pics i have seen. i like professional looking devices, not something marketed toward teens.

three, it has sense, which i hear can be disabled but you get screwed when it comes to updates. the n1 will get android updates sooner since it is plain android, whereas htc has to modify the updates to work with sense, hence takes longer for the end user to get it, ex. hero still runs 1.5.

for me it may also come down to which hits the network first, haha. i am on a dumbphone right now and can't take it.

i truly doubt the incredible will get 1gb of ram. but i guess that would be the only thing that would make me put up with the incredibles looks, i don't care for the 8mp cam, or the fm tuner. so its time to play the waiting game...
Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

david i was incorrect in that other thread, here are the actual specs for the verizon htc, it has 512 ram where i said it only had 256 in the other thread. the early specs said 256 but the phone has ended up in the wrong hands and all the info is out, it actually has 512mb. the n1 is far more professional though

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/03/...ecs-confirmed/
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

the processor is underclocked so the incredible phone is boo boo

Old 03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

I hope verizon subsidizes the n1, if not i will not be able to get it. Im 13 years old so no job and no money. I would be able to pay like $200 from selling my tp2.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I love my nexus 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the processor is underclocked so the incredible phone is boo boo

so in this case boo boo is good?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 03-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
so in this case boo boo is good?
I don't want an underclocked processor even if the battery last longer. So to each his own.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't want an underclocked processor even if the battery last longer. So to each his own.

Agree, I love my real snapdragon... 1024 mhz baby...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison