PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
Is the pre good enough to move from a SERO plan for?

I have a touch Diamond, and am looking for something new. Since sprint doesn't have anything worth signing a 2 yr contract for, I was looking into buying a Palm Pre off of ebay and then changing my contract over to the 450 min. everything plan. Is the Palm Pre a big enough upgrade over the Diamond to make this change? Or should I holdout and just wait until the Supersonic or the Nexus One makes its way to sprint?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Is the pre good enough to move from a SERO plan for?

well since i did the very same thing u are asking.. I would say nay atm.. while u may have that itch for something new..U have to ask. is it worth it for my plan to go up in price for another phone!!! I do love webos.. just needs a better phone..

Why not go for a tp2? and keep your sero til something comes out later this year..

If not,, im totally hooked on android and the hero.. but me personally I went that route.. and ended up with the hero.. and couldnt be happier...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so you went from the Pre to the Hero? can you tell me what drew you away from the Pre, and to the Hero? was the Pre's keyboard hard to type on? how is the app store compared to android?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well i loved webos. the pre itself is a nice phone.. but just felt cheap.. as far as the hero. what i like bout it.. is it design.. for one its not glossy black..lol so no fingerprints.. has a solid build. love the trackball.. and the glass screen.. totally reminds me of the htc touch.. ( which to me was one of the best designs and a solid phone )

anyway app store are just that. all platforms now have them.. android has alot of free stuff.. so does the pre..just in a reduced form..

really miss webos though once it gets better hardware its gonna fly... but right now im enjoying android..
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

IMHO WebOS is defenetly enough to ditch a sero plan but not in a "Pre" hardware ATM the Pre has such a vibrant screen, best pics I have ever taken with a phone, so well thought out and polished OS, best browser and games you can get (besides the iphone) abd it will only get better. But the Pre is known for hardware issues and it's rare to find a perfect one. I'd say to wait till Palm announces their next Sprint flagship device or go to the HTC Supersonic (HTC Hero in HD2 hardware mmmmmmm...)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
IMHO WebOS is defenetly enough to ditch a sero plan but not in a "Pre" hardware ATM the Pre has such a vibrant screen, best pics I have ever taken with a phone, so well thought out and polished OS, best browser and games you can get (besides the iphone) abd it will only get better. But the Pre is known for hardware issues and it's rare to find a perfect one. I'd say to wait till Palm announces their next Sprint flagship device or go to the HTC Supersonic (HTC Hero in HD2 hardware mmmmmmm...)
Well, I will not be extending my contract. I can find a Pre for only a little more than the upgrade price. Which means I can get the Pre, and still have my upgrade pricing for a new WebOS phone, or the Supersonic (mostly likely the supersonic, unless palm comes out with something mind blowing). I'm trying to fight the itch for a new phone. But with no news from sprint about upcoming devices, It's getting harder and harder everyday.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison