PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dump TP2 for Nexus One or HD2?

I was able to get out of my Sprint contract yesterday. I am wondering if I should switch to TMO and get the Nexus One or should I wait for the HD2? I love the SERO pricing I am getting on the TP2, but the TP2 sucks when it comes to loading web pages, its just so slow and the WinMo apps suck.

So my choices now are Nexus One, HD2, Iphone 3Gs jailbroken for T-Mobile. What would you guys do?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I would go with the nexus if you can trouble shoot your own problems.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Dump TP2 for Nexus One or HD2?

Considering that you recently started a thread about how much you love the iPhone and would switch to it if it came to Sprint or Verizon, why not just go with an iPhone?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

If it keeps you from trolling this forum just get one or the other...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I was able to get out of my Sprint contract yesterday. I am wondering if I should switch to TMO and get the Nexus One or should I wait for the HD2? I love the SERO pricing I am getting on the TP2, but the TP2 sucks when it comes to loading web pages, its just so slow and the WinMo apps suck.

So my choices now are Nexus One, HD2, Iphone 3Gs jailbroken for T-Mobile. What would you guys do?
in your case i would definitely recommend nexus. the hd2 is going to be no different then the tp2 except faster processing power, but the apps and os aren't changing in the least. Loading web pages will be extremely improved but the winmo apps aren't going anywhere and aren't getting any better anytime soon.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
If it keeps you from trolling this forum just get one or the other...
The only Troll here is you and your nasty attitude. This isn't communism.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

according to engadget the hd2-like device is coming to sprint and will be running android
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/17/h...android-style/

Last edited by MadSquabbles; 01-18-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
according to engadget the hd2 is coming to sprint and will be an adroid device.
so therefore it isn't an hd2. hd2 = windows mobile

supersonic= android.

different operating systems = completely different phone.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The only thing holding me back from the iPhone is they might have a newer version coming out soon so it will probably take a while for the hackers to jailbreak it. So far the Nexus One is looking good. I'll wait too see what Apple is coming out with at the end of the month before I do anything.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
according to engadget the hd2-like device is coming to sprint and will be running android
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/17/h...android-style/
I doubt it'll run on SERO since they seem to block all Androids on the Sero plan. Without SERO, T-Mobile is actually cheaper especially when I can get a 15% discount through my school. I just need to find away to get the 5.99 T-Zone trick to work.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison