PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dump TP2 for Nexus One or HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
wow. that took a little longer than i thought. i figured nikkg would be on here to troll and reply something snooty to my comment within 10 minutes. your messin up troll. you gotta be faster than that.
Dude, I'm not coming on here to start fights over phones, I like technology because I like new stuff. If somehow I've hurt your feelings by stating WinMo is old and outdated, than I apologize. No need to call me a troll for having an opinion that you don't agree with.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

what does Android or any other OS do that Winmo cant????????

I know for one if ya wanna download stuff like mp3s your own movies files etc,,,,,,,, Android cant do none of that..........

I for one think android is behind...... What makes it ahead, looks?????? Damn think cant even download a MP3 from a well known site or others for that matter, that fact alone, Ill stay winmo......

Android is a fad, and a bad one..... Thing sucks IMO, cant download hahahahaha, need apps to put apps on sd card????? Need to root to do anything good....... Screw Mandroid.....

Winmo is still the king yo....
Old 01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
With all carriers dropping service pricing due to the economy, Sprint is stupidly hurting itself by trying to purposely get rid of its SERO customers. I know they aren’t making much from 30 bucks a month, but its better than getting nothing. If MetroPCS can make money on similar pricing, than I don’t see why Sprint can’t either.
it depends on how long you've had sprint. i've been with them 10 years, my brother 12. he got sprint to give him the unlimited everything deal for $69.99/month. i might try it!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
it depends on how long you've had sprint. i've been with them 10 years, my brother 12. he got sprint to give him the unlimited everything deal for $69.99/month. i might try it!
ive only been with them 4 yrs, but ive talked my way in to unlimited everything for 2 lines for 129.99 plus my corp. discount. 25%off eqals 32.50 per month. im just under a hundred bucks.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Not having a real keyboard is gay - but WM does suck I just don't know if I could give up a real keyboard
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i for one like to download any file winmo can android cant....... I also upload all the time, Not sure if Android can..........

Untill android can download and mimic a pc like the tp2, No way for me........

Yall crack me up, dog windows day in and day out and praise android.... But yet your still on winmo....... If I wanted android and hated windows like yall, Id ditch winmo and get android..... Its a oxy moron to me............

Last edited by Dragon2; 01-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
I’ve been with ATT (blue) than was switched to Cingular than was switched back to ATT (Orange) for about 7 years until last year I managed to get out of my iPhone contract because I had real bad 3G service in my area. So last year I signed up with Sprint Sero for the first time and got a TP1. When I was with ATT, I had the WinMo 02 XDA II phone (blue angel) than switched to a WinMo Hermes phone. I was a big basher of iPhones at the time because I hate it when they overhype products, but than I said let me try it out to see what the fuss was all about and got an iPhone 3G to see if it actually is better than my Windows phones. God, it was like night and day. It was so smooth and fun to use while the my old Hermes was so clunkly and the constant resets on the WinMo phones were getting on my nerves.

Now I am thinking of trying out the Android to see if it’s as good as what they say, I might jump to Tmobile and try out the Nexus One since I can get a 15% discount from my school account. At work about 5 engineers in my workgroup jumped to the Moto Droid through VZW and they seem to enjoy it.

I was thinking dumping the Sprint Sero and get a 69.99 Sprint plan and applying some corporate discount, but even the Android phones from Sprint seem retarded compared to the Nexus One with that snapdragon.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i for one like to download any file winmo can android cant....... I also upload all the time, Not sure if Android can..........

i'm not sold on android yet either. my wife has the moment, the phone is already being replaced by sprint because everytime she gets a text while talking on it, it hangs up. the battery life stinks, and it's slower than my tp2(yes, i've done the testing myself). but it has potential, right now it's the new kid on the block.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:

mimic a pc. exactly. id rather have a mini pc that can possibly run android also. think we'll ever see a winmo port to an andriod device?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

Yall crack me up, dog windows day in and day out and praise android.... But yet your still on winmo....... If I wanted android and hated windows like yall, Id ditch winmo and get android..... Its a oxy moron to me............
I've never downloaded movies or MP3 on my WinMo phones, I prefer to leave my laptop on at home and download off bittorrent sites instead of killing my phones battery.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison