PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Dump TP2 for Nexus One or HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I doubt it'll run on SERO since they seem to block all Androids on the Sero plan. Without SERO, T-Mobile is actually cheaper especially when I can get a 15% discount through my school. I just need to find away to get the 5.99 T-Zone trick to work.
any android will not run on sero, you are correct.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
How about just waiting and getting the LG Apollo god dawm, that phone is going to rock

Below from WMexperts

LG 'Apollo'

Make no mistake about LG — it is a big player with Microsoft, having a team in Redmond working with it directly, releasing the first Snapdragon/pico projector/finger print scanner device in the U.S (eXpo) — LG is playing for keeps.

* Launching: August/September 2010
* CPU: Qualcomm QSD8650; 1.3GHz
* CDMA + GSM (aka a World Phone)
* EvDO + HSDPA
* Device Size: 115 x 57.5 x 11.2 mm
* Memory (RAM/ROM): 1GB/1GB
* External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
* Screen Size/Type: 3.8-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”
* Screen Resolution: WXGA 1280 x 720 px
* Camera: 10-megapixel with flash and autofocus; HD 720p video@ 30fps
* Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
* Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3
* Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
* Talk Time: Up to 7.5 hours
* Standby Time: 288 hours
* Internet Use: 4.5 hours (3G), 6.5 hours (WiFi)
* Video Playback: 10 hours
* Audio Playback: 30 hours
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
With all carriers dropping service pricing due to the economy, Sprint is stupidly hurting itself by trying to purposely get rid of its SERO customers. I know they aren’t making much from 30 bucks a month, but its better than getting nothing. If MetroPCS can make money on similar pricing, than I don’t see why Sprint can’t either.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
With all carriers dropping service pricing due to the economy, Sprint is stupidly hurting itself by trying to purposely get rid of its SERO customers. I know they aren’t making much from 30 bucks a month, but its better than getting nothing. If MetroPCS can make money on similar pricing, than I don’t see why Sprint can’t either.
i would have to agree, something is better then nothing. When the hd2 comes out i'm going to tmobile because i really want that phone, if sprint doesn't let me keep my sero plan when a phone that i want comes out, i'm going to cancel the line altogether.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
How about just waiting and getting the LG Apollo god dawm, that phone is going to rock

Below from WMexperts

LG 'Apollo'

Make no mistake about LG — it is a big player with Microsoft, having a team in Redmond working with it directly, releasing the first Snapdragon/pico projector/finger print scanner device in the U.S (eXpo) — LG is playing for keeps.

* Launching: August/September 2010
* CPU: Qualcomm QSD8650; 1.3GHz
* CDMA + GSM (aka a World Phone)
* EvDO + HSDPA
* Device Size: 115 x 57.5 x 11.2 mm
* Memory (RAM/ROM): 1GB/1GB
* External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
* Screen Size/Type: 3.8-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”
* Screen Resolution: WXGA 1280 x 720 px
* Camera: 10-megapixel with flash and autofocus; HD 720p video@ 30fps
* Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
* Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3
* Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
* Talk Time: Up to 7.5 hours
* Standby Time: 288 hours
* Internet Use: 4.5 hours (3G), 6.5 hours (WiFi)
* Video Playback: 10 hours
* Audio Playback: 30 hours
these are nice specs but it sucks that its coming out about the same time as the htc supersonic or whatever its called and the supersonic is wimax and this phone is only evdo and the supersonic is android, sprint just can't get it right for me
Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
these are nice specs but it sucks that its coming out about the same time as the htc supersonic or whatever its called and the supersonic is wimax and this phone is only evdo and the supersonic is android, sprint just can't get it right for me
Sprint is going to go out of business with that WiMax junk since all the carriers are going to LTE including VZW. What this means is all the good phones will go to LTE and Sprint will get the crappy phones since they have a small market share.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Sprint is going to go out of business with that WiMax junk since all the carriers are going to LTE including VZW. What this means is all the good phones will go to LTE and Sprint will get the crappy phones since they have a small market share.
I don't know about going out of business. I never use Wifi and would never use WiMax on any phone. At least not in the part of the US I am located. I get 3g everywhere I travel. On a notebook however, I would use WiMax. Bring on the LTE FTW
Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
The only Troll here is you and your nasty attitude. This isn't communism.
sometimes i wish it was tho. id drop an iron curtain on all these stupid iphone threads.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
sometimes i wish it was tho. id drop an iron curtain on all these stupid iphone threads.
Sounds like a personal issue. iPhone, Android, WinMO, WebOS etc, its all a damn phone with some fancy features, people need to grow up and realize that. You guys take stuff way too seriously. I have always had WinMo (probably longer than 95% of you) and liked it before, but its dead now, its old and hasn't kept up with the times. Maybe in another year if WinMo 7 comes out things will change, but right now, its total garbage and that's why M$ gave up on it and is starting fresh.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

wow. that took a little longer than i thought. i figured nikkg would be on here to troll and reply something snooty to my comment within 10 minutes. your messin up troll. you gotta be faster than that.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison