PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 vs. Moment

So I have a few options this week...

TP2 and the Moment are the main contenders. I need a physical KB (came off the Hero and just couldn't adapt... and the Pre can't handle day to day functions without being a chore).

Has anyone had these two devices and suggest why I'd want one over the other?

Thanks for any feedback you can give up...
Old 11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: TP2 vs. Moment

i have the tp2 and my wife has the moment. they are both able to do pretty much whatever you need. it's just a matter of os and if you like tweaking and hacking.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

My Pro2 pales in comparison to even my Hero, so for less headaches, R2-D2 with arms and legs is the way to go. And this thread is being moved to the Phone Comparison forum.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darth Pooh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
My Pro2 pales in comparison to even my Hero, so for less headaches, R2-D2 with arms and legs is the way to go. And this thread is being moved to the Phone Comparison forum.
So you are saying the Moment (and Android all around) is better than the TP2? Interesting... anything that leads you to this conclusion in particular? My concern is that while the TP2 is nice, it's still WinMo covered up by TF3D 2 (errr Sense... errr... whatever). And WinMo while customizable, is a chore to do basic things... Even syncing GMail (with Gmail Sync) is troublesome... all kinds of errors, but Gmail just works out of the box on an Android (as well as Gtalk too).
Old 11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darth Pooh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i have the tp2 and my wife has the moment. they are both able to do pretty much whatever you need. it's just a matter of os and if you like tweaking and hacking.
Right, but if as you are getting more experienced with both of them (I am experienced with both OS's and form factors) which one wins overall?

Thanks... hmmm shoulda multi-quoted eh?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
Right, but if as you are getting more experienced with both of them (I am experienced with both OS's and form factors) which one wins overall?

Thanks... hmmm shoulda multi-quoted eh?
the tp2 has a faster web but the overallness of the moment is great. much brighter screen, and as mr. prime says, just works right out the box. in all fairness, the tp2 has the best stock rom of any winmo phone i've used. i would suggest trying one, then the other (30 day trials are great!) and see which one fits your needs.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darth Pooh is a n00b

Quote:
the tp2 has a faster web but the overallness of the moment is great. much brighter screen, and as mr. prime says, just works right out the box. in all fairness, the tp2 has the best stock rom of any winmo phone i've used. i would suggest trying one, then the other (30 day trials are great!) and see which one fits your needs.
That's the only reason I am even considering a TP2 is due to the stability of the device OOB (per my brother and a few others like Mal).

But I've had the Hero and know it's just a solid OS (I'll miss Flash Lite, but it's coming soon for all of Android, so no worries there).
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
So you are saying the Moment (and Android all around) is better than the TP2? Interesting... anything that leads you to this conclusion in particular? My concern is that while the TP2 is nice, it's still WinMo covered up by TF3D 2 (errr Sense... errr... whatever). And WinMo while customizable, is a chore to do basic things... Even syncing GMail (with Gmail Sync) is troublesome... all kinds of errors, but Gmail just works out of the box on an Android (as well as Gtalk too).
All the Pro2 has is TF3D on both portrait and landscape, and it gets quite boring quickly. Plus another part of my conclusion is that I wanna get the hell away from the bugginess and headaches for a while until something appealing to me comes out. Then I can get rid of this 6.3 oz. paper-weight after I get it replaced. And the final word about the big bad droids are they're pretty much error free and require absolutely no soft resetting at all. There's also a few task killers for it as well that are quite beneficial for Android devices.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
the tp2 has a faster web
Wow, really? The Moment Web Browser for me is lightning fast.

This is honestly the first Mobile browser that I am happy to use even if a computer is nearby! I certainly couldn't say that for the TP. Haven't tried the TP2 though.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think Opera exists for Android if I am not mistaken.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison