PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

olson187 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc Touch Pro2 vs. Palm Pre

Which one should i get? I have the htc touch pro now and it has broke 4 times on me... Just need some opinions.. Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Htc Touch Pro2 vs. Palm Pre

Do u like wm? the tp2 is a nice phone.. but basicly a tp thats been in a new case..same hardware..but that doesnt make the tp2 bad.. everyone praises it.. so if u like wm go for it.. while on the other hand.. Im all pro pre right now. so im not gonna be like hey man pre kicks the tp2 arse..u just have to ask yourself do i continue where my tp left off and go with the tp2.. or try a new os that has many positives over wm.. hope that helps.. and get ready for some people telling the pre sucks or this and that.lol
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

If you liked your touch pro then you will love the touch pro2. The Pro2 is everything the original pro should've been. It's better built, faster, louder, and smoother. You are liable to get bored with the Pre after a month or two but it does run as it should. I tried a Pre and it wasn't for me but my needs are different. Especially the one that a phone must keep my interest.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

the palm pre doesnt even compair to the first tp so i say hands down go with the tp2!! if u can get the tp2 for a cheap price go for it!!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the palm pre doesn't even compare to the first tp!!!

Thats too funny!!!! but of course totally depends on the user and what they need to do..

me the pre does what i need and does it better than the tp/diamond ever did..

pandora.
multitasking
senergy
sprint nav works better
youtube works better..
captive screen..multitouch
my rss feeds are better
battery life is way better..seidio extended battery..but not as thick as the tp with one.
bluetooth way better.
i could go on and on..but im not a fanboy. those are my points from using both..tp/diamond vs the pre..can comment on the tp2..but im sure outside of the nice screen its all the same..

but to the op

i was a avid wm user..had every ppc sprint offered, minus the ppc6600 and the tp2.. and webos is awesome..and once it gets some legs.. hopefully will gain some ground and some nice updates..can u say flash!!!!lol
Old 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
can comment on the tp2..but im sure outside of the nice screen its all the same..
No it's not. Different processor, and bigger battery, and let's not forget the size of the screen is not the only thing that gets updated, the digitizer hardware also changes. Controls on this phone are light years ahead of the TP/Diamond, it is much more responsive (out of the box, it works GREAT), and battery life is awesome.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Palm Pre IMO

though its still young its a winner to me.....

Everything just works and goes so well together in such an elegant way, and theres nowhere to go but forward with WebOS

(maybe im just over WM 6.5)

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 12-10-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
No it's not. Different processor, and bigger battery, and let's not forget the size of the screen is not the only thing that gets updated, the digitizer hardware also changes. Controls on this phone are light years ahead of the TP/Diamond, it is much more responsive (out of the box, it works GREAT), and battery life is awesome.

Well i did say ( cant comment on the tp2..but im sure outside of the nice screen its all the same..) meaning i didnt have enough info to make a full judgement..

but its all cool. i just ordered a t-mobile touchpro 2 and got it free and a free bluetooth..with a data only package and unlimited text for 49 a month....total cost NOTHING. and they waived my activation fee.

So even though my tp2 is slightly diff from the sprint version..i will be sporting a pre and tp2 from here on out..

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison