PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

NCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good workNCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

Well for the TP2 you have SD slot, removable battery, larger screen, and full keyboard.

For the iPhone you have thousand of nice looking apps, really simple function, tons and tons of accessories, polished user interface.

Windows Mobile is cool cause you can customize it but you can customize an iPhone as well. I would love to get an iPhone but I don't want to switch over to AT&T. The apps on the iphone is what I want. They look better and their are more that I would use.

Last edited by NCHEVYHEVN; 12-06-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
I would love to have an iPhone but I refuse to switch to AT&T. This is my first Windows Mobile phone and I love it but the lack of apps that actually look like they were made in 2009 makes me want something else. I'm going to try WM7 when it comes out and if it sucks then I will probably switch over to Android.
What kind of apps are you looking for?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Remote start for my vehicle, better looking apps like games, remote to control my home theater, etc.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Remote start for my vehicle, better looking apps like games, remote to control my home theater, etc.
There's a remote locker/starter for Windows Mobile, I actually asked about it a while back...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90678

I doubt you'll see too many games ever made for Windows Mobile, just because Microsoft Phones aren't aimed at gamers, they are aimed at professionals who don't really play games.

Controlling home electronics and lights can be controlled over the internet now. And since you have browsers like SkyFire, you can thus control them.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
There's a remote locker/starter for Windows Mobile, I actually asked about it a while back...

I doubt you'll see too many games ever made for Windows Mobile, just because Microsoft Phones aren't aimed at gamers, they are aimed at professionals who don't really play games.

Controlling home electronics and lights can be controlled over the internet now. And since you have browsers like SkyFire, you can thus control them.

I have a TP2 but lets just be realistic... app wise most new apps dont even consider winmo anymore and if they do its way after they develop for iphone, droid and BB. Kinda like we STILL dont have an official google voice app... And yea we do have SD but hell with 32 gigs built in the 3GS users dont really need one.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I have a TP2 but lets just be realistic... app wise most new apps dont even consider winmo anymore and if they do its way after they develop for iphone, droid and BB. Kinda like we STILL dont have an official google voice app... And yea we do have SD but hell with 32 gigs built in the 3GS users dont really need one.
Microsoft needs to advertise advertise advertise and sell sell sell. That's all that's needed to get more development.

However, I sometimes think that there needs to be more collaboration to push particular models. PUSH NAME RECOGNITION, then everything else will follow. How many of you TP2 users encounter others that have no idea what the TP2 is? I know Microsoft is aiming at professionals via putting information out there for IT specs to buy for their CEOs, but comon! ADVERTISE! NAME RECOGNITION!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:34 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Microsoft needs to advertise advertise advertise and sell sell sell. That's all that's needed to get more development.

However, I sometimes think that there needs to be more collaboration to push particular models. PUSH NAME RECOGNITION, then everything else will follow. How many of you TP2 users encounter others that have no idea what the TP2 is? I know Microsoft is aiming at professionals via putting information out there for IT specs to buy for their CEOs, but comon! ADVERTISE! NAME RECOGNITION!
I dont think its really microsoft's job to advertise as they sell the phones to the phone companies and make their money regardless. It's the phone companies duty to put the phone out there, just like Verizon is doing with the droid. You dont see any google commercials advertising it even though its their operating system. On top of that, winmo sales are dropping pretty much every quarter and android & iphone are seeing record sales.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I dont think its really microsoft's job to advertise as they sell the phones to the phone companies and make their money regardless. It's the phone companies duty to put the phone out there, just like Verizon is doing with the droid. You dont see any google commercials advertising it even though its their operating system. On top of that, winmo sales are dropping pretty much every quarter and android & iphone are seeing record sales.
But I'm seeing that people just don't know what these devices can do or that they exist. Honestly, I do a lot of technical support and maintain my own network stuff, and this fits perfectly into my system. I don't understand why any IT tech wouldn't love Windows Mobile for that very reason, Integration into Microsoft systems. Games-BLAH. Music Player-BLAH. MS Integration-YES!

There's hardly any advertising with Windows Phone. I know they bumped it (or started it) within the last couple months, but you've got to get your frequency up to the amount of iPhone commercials.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

And as far as games well I guess I need a phone that does everything. Will probably switch over to an Android phone but if iPhone comes to Verizon I might grab one.

Face it when it comes to really nice looking apps the iPhone app store just can't be beat right now.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned User

Quote:
And as far as games well I guess I need a phone that does everything. Will probably switch over to an Android phone but if iPhone comes to Verizon I might grab one.

Face it when it comes to really nice looking apps the iPhone app store just can't be beat right now.
My problem is, everything that is made for the iPhone can run on the TP2. We just need it ported! And because there is so much Mac vs MS separation, there's not a lot of people in the middle to port.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison