PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Treo Pro soooo slow! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99629)

Epichero 12-01-2009 07:09 PM

Treo Pro soooo slow!

I installed WM 6.5, and yes that did improve it a bit, but overall the phone is incredibly slow when it comes to loading my SMS, or even dialing a number for that matter. It seems like everything it does takes a good amount of effort. And if I get a call while browsing my text messages and other programs are loaded into memory...well, you get the picture.

I was hoping that an SD memory card would help the guy with memory allocation or something of that nature (hint: I can never get it below 52% memory capacity), but it didn't help.

Is there any way to trim the fat from the phone? Like to disable certain startup items or features or make the phone work better? I checked something on my Treo 650 the other day and couldn't believe the difference in response.

Epic

00_MACKIE_00 12-01-2009 08:22 PM

Re: Treo Pro soooo slow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epichero (Post 1377918)
I installed WM 6.5, and yes that did improve it a bit, but overall the phone is incredibly slow when it comes to loading my SMS, or even dialing a number for that matter. It seems like everything it does takes a good amount of effort. And if I get a call while browsing my text messages and other programs are loaded into memory...well, you get the picture.

I was hoping that an SD memory card would help the guy with memory allocation or something of that nature (hint: I can never get it below 52% memory capacity), but it didn't help.

Is there any way to trim the fat from the phone? Like to disable certain startup items or features or make the phone work better? I checked something on my Treo 650 the other day and couldn't believe the difference in response.

Epic

Did you do a hard reset after you installed the rom? I always install a new rom let it do its thing and when it loads back up to the today screen I immediately do a hard reset. Hope this helps. You can try the rom I am using, maybe its faster or something as I don't have any of the symptoms you described.

acidhax 12-01-2009 10:36 PM

Hard reset, or the normal simple soft-reset? lol.
aka, you pull the battery - and not wipe the phone, yes?

00_MACKIE_00 12-01-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1378459)
Hard reset, or the normal simple soft-reset? lol.
aka, you pull the battery - and not wipe the phone, yes?

Nope, I do a hard reset....ALWAYS lol I know the diff between a hard and soft reset. Been doing this for years. :evil4:

Epichero 12-01-2009 11:57 PM

But doing a hard reset, unless I'm mistaken, will wipe out all the data on my phone, correct?

When I installed the WM6.5 Rom (wasn't Matbee), I did do a hard reset. Cleared all the data, installed the ROM, and loaded the data back on. It was a bit faster than 6.1, but today it's super slow.

I'll try it with Matbee, and with a hard reset after it's finished flashing.

00_MACKIE_00 12-02-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epichero (Post 1378705)
But doing a hard reset, unless I'm mistaken, will wipe out all the data on my phone, correct?

When I installed the WM6.5 Rom (wasn't Matbee), I did do a hard reset. Cleared all the data, installed the ROM, and loaded the data back on. It was a bit faster than 6.1, but today it's super slow.

I'll try it with Matbee, and with a hard reset after it's finished flashing.

I even run mobile shell and weatherpanel on my today screen and its not slow.

Epichero 12-03-2009 04:46 PM

Loaded the ROM you recommended, it works noticeably better. Memory is still at around 50% capacity, but everything is more fluid.

The original ROM I had was CFay's.

Thanks!

RichTJ99 12-22-2009 11:26 PM

Which rom did you end up using? Which Mattbee rom that is.

avd 12-23-2009 09:36 AM

Do you have a lot of contacts, or a lot of caller ID photos?

wudstock54 12-23-2009 11:49 AM

My Pro is actually very fast. I'm running Matbee's rom but have tried several others and all are within acceptable speed range. You might try flashing stock Sprint rom and then a custom one. Good luck.