PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint 10 years now

protoadies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No more Palm Windows.. next step???

I have had many phones and im currently useing the Trep pro and thanks to all the 6.5 rom. It's unfortunate that palm will no longer support us windows users. Although the new roms is nice it doesn't just work out the door the way it should if palm made the rom..

I guess what im getting at is where do we go next. I really don't like all touch screen, and i don't like the slide out keyboard, i had 6700, 6800, and touch pro... I gotta have a keyboard front facing. I was considering the Samsung Intrepid nice keyboard and touchscreen best of both worlds. I've never had a samsung smartphone are they fairly easy to get custom roms, how does there signal strength compare the the treo pro which is pretty lame as is much of HTC phones.

What about Android phones any phones with front facing keyboards in the works?

I played with the Pre and not impressed with build quality of phone and the pixi not gonna happen either.

Anythoughts on where i should get next?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

samadam is just getting started
Re: No more Palm Windows.. next step???

Pixi.

Done.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 800W
Carrier: Sprint

wbmsp is just getting started
Re: No more Palm Windows.. next step???

I have had the Intrepid for a week now and it is an okay phone at best. I basically got it for the same reasons that Proto did. I am worried about the lack of support that may arise in the Treo Pro and to be honest I don't feel that the Touch Pro is worth the money (Upgrade price of $349 is a bit steep for me) nor do I care for how big it is or its slider keyboard. Overall I don't mind the Intrepid but I am disappointed about two things; 1. screen resolution and 2. Windows Mobile 6.5. I feel that 6.5 is rushed and I am having issues with the phone/OS. If I cannot get them resolved it will be definitely be going back today. My issues are;

1. LED Notifications - You can set them to flash when you have a message, VM, etc. but when the phone goes to sleep the LED stops flashing. Sometimes the LED only flashes 3 times than disappears.

2. When using the phone the Messaging app randomly starts for no reason. The phone could be sitting and out of the blue the message app appears.

3. When using the "Old" today screen (ala 5.0, 6.0, 6.1) if you have an unread message it will say so until you read it. The "New" 6.5 today screen clears the count once the notification has been acknowledged. This is another annoyance because sometimes I will acknowledge the notification without reading the message.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it otherwise my Intrepid may see the Sprint store again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro