PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: Sprint

dougdascenzo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dougdascenzo
Re: Anyone coming from Touch Pro

Just got a Treo Pro as a replacement for a Touch Pro. At first, when I read the reviews on Sprint's site, I immediately wanted to change my decision to the Blackberry Tour for the stability alone, but after getting the Treo Pro in my hands and using it. I really think I like this phone. More than both my Mogul and my Touch Pro. Form factor is so much nicer. It's nice to not carry around a boxy device finally. Threw Opera Mobile on there and I am good to go.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

MilwaukeeBrewers is a n00b

I just got the Treo Pro as a replacement for a Touch Pro about a week ago. I had to replace the TP 2 x because of screen issues and then keyboard issues. Man this phone is great in the hands. although i wish the keyboard was a lil bit bigger.but i love how the keyboard is in front, oppose to sliding it out, which with the tp constantly lagged
Old 11-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a Touch Pro, a Treo Pro and a Pre. If you're browsing alot the touch pro has by far the best screen. Also it's much easier to me to text, etc. on the touch pro. Having said all that Sprint replaced the first two I had due to the keyboard failing.
As for the Treo Pro, I find it to be a much better all round device. I prefer it to my Pre actually. With the availability of custom roms for the Treo Pro and the hacks and fixxes I wouldn't consider going back to the Touch Pro. Last and perhaps most importantly the battery life of the Treo Pro is exceptional. Without a custom rom the Touch Pro didn't make it 6 hours without having to charge.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

hiimynameiz is a n00b

im coming to a touch pro 2 .. too big and clunky . hard to use one handed ...love the small form factor of the treo pro... its more a personal preference ..and what you want your phone to do for you in a practical everyday device as to what the phone can do . i do miss that lovely 3.5 in screen and the large navi ...just think of what your phone to do for you and what do you use mostly during the day./week.??
Old 11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

AsItLies is just getting started

Recently sold my Touch Pro, which worked perfectly fine. Just didn't like the form factor, especially considering it was my first SmartPhone.

The Treo Pro is absolutely fantastic! Guess I'm echoing what others have said, and it's amazing really it's not a more popular phone. It really is one "class" device, great form factor and well built. Definitely my 1st choice for a Sero plan.

Recently put on spb Mobile Shell... I'm lovin this thing, just a great phone. Much better battery life then the TouchPro, much more easily fits in pocket, and while the screen is obviously smaller as is the keyboard, I can live with it no issues. I can still easily text or surf when needed, which for me isn't extensive, so it's perfect

enjoy,
Old 11-14-2009, 03:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

Epichero is a n00b

I used a Treo 650 for about two years and when I decided to get a new phone, I read some reviews about what phone I should get. I made the mistake of taking this review seriously:

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33542700.html

Notice how it says, in "The Bottom Line," that "(users) will get a better user experience from the HTC Touch Pro."

So I tried an HTC Touch Pro for 4 days. It had some good features, but overall I hated the idea of a keyboard that flips out. I am too used to the tactile response from a physical keyboard (with regards to T9 LCD-based keyboards), and don't like to have to flip it out every time I need it. I got the Treo Pro and will never look back.

Last edited by Epichero; 11-14-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro