PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 02:00 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you like your treo pro?

I'm in the market for a new phone and im getting as far away from HTC as I can (well atleast HTC BRANDED phones)

My only 2 choices are really the Treo Pro or the Palm Pre but since im on sero it looks like im stuck with the treo pro (not saying thats a bad thing)

So far out of all the phones Ive ever had in my life my treo was the only one that didnt suck after 6 months.

I know if someone posted in the mogul forum when I had one everyone would say to stay away so how do you guys like your treo pro? What are the cons you have come across in the time you have had it?

Ive come to find that all I want is a fast phone with fast internet browsing. Thats about it!

And lastly...How much ram does it have? I hear 256 but then I hear 128 and so on.

Thanks!

Last edited by afx; 09-02-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

luv2drum is a n00b
Re: How do you like your treo pro?

I've had an HTC Mogul and didn't like it due to the keyboard design. Sold it after only 1month. Then had a Palm 755p and loved it overall, but not much 'wow' or 'fun' factor with that phone. So I just recently picked up a Treo Pro. I have said many times, that I think I may have found the perfect phone. Ok, maybe not perfect, but I love all it can do and the overall design. I like the design of the Treo with the keyboard that doesn't slide out. It's a one handed phone easily, and I also like having a stylus. When looking at the Pre, I was concerned about that, especially on those small links you often find on web pages.

As far as internet speed, it's much better than my 755p. I can't really share much experience to other phones, but I'm pleased overall. Other browsers like Opera and Skyfire work great too!

One add-on I have that I don't think I'd like the phone half as much without is SPB Mobile Shell 3. It makes the phone very 'finger' friendly and easier to navigate.

So do I like mine...Yes, love it!

Good luck with your choice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

Scott559 is a n00b

I've been using the Treo Pro for 5+ months now and I am a happy camper. The keyboard took a little getting used to, However like anything else, Once you use it awhile it becomes routine. I found the stock browser too sluggish for my taste and first tried Skyfire and I am now using Opera.
I think the combination of performance and battery life are what really makes the phone work for me, I use it for light business use, Daily E-mail and texting and then I use Golf GPS for fun. I guess the bottom line is that the phone works really well for me.
I have been reading with interest about Custom ROMs, I have never used one, Wouldn't even know how honestly, However I will be interested to see how it works out when the new ROM's become available for this phone, It sounds like it is coming very soon. I have friends at work who have the Touch Pro/Diamond and they swear by their custom ROM's and they swear at their battery life with their phones.
Anyway, All in all a good solid phone, If I had it to do over again I would make the same choice and go with the Treo Pro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

mmhhtc is a n00b

Love it!!! Feel, design, battery life, everything. It was great to get back to Treo after a year or so with the Mogul.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

djcantflow is a n00b

I've only had my Treo Pro for about 2 weeks now but I love it. Over the course of the last 2 years I've had: Mogul, Q9c, and HTC Touch. I like my treo better than all of them. It's a pretty fast phone I agree PIE is a little slow but you can get other browsers to suit your needs. Mobile shell is a godsend makes things so much easier! I get a good 12 or so hours out of a full charge. About 1hr of talk time, maybe a solid 30min to an 1hr playing on web, youtube, tv things like that. Quite a few txts and my email updates every hour I think. The only really annoying thing I can say about it is it is a magnet for smudges and fingerprints other than that so far its great.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Love my Treo Pro. A few tweaks and it's easily one of the best phones i've owned. I'm currently using a Palm Pre but honestly I miss my TP. Battery life is great.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: China Mobile

LingAn is a n00b

Don't love my Treo Pro
Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingAn View Post
Don't love my Treo Pro
Mind elaborating a bit?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, Treo Pro

bthessel is a n00b

OK, I will throw in my opinion. I got my wife a Treo Pro from Craigslist to replace her Centro, she wanted better web browsing and that was the best option that would work on her $30 SERO plan. She now wants to go back to her Centro. The typical WM problems, poor battery life, random freeze ups, and general WM quirkiness has her ready to throw it against the wall. I put SPB Mobile Shell on it and that made it more friendly but now she has issues with it randomly turning off the data connection and randomly shutting down. I am hoping the unlocker comes out soon since I think WM 6.5 would make this a great phone.

Last edited by bthessel; 09-08-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

With all those problems I would have Sprint check the phone out. It may have its quirks, but nothing that bad.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro