PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

samadam is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your treo pro?

I'm a SERO user, and I just ordered a used one on ebay. Should be a good replacement for my occasionally annoying and strangely thick 800w. Wish me luck!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Carrier: t-mobile

mrdk910 is a n00b

I've love Treo's since my first 650 & 700w I tried blackberries & considered becoming a iphone sheep but the Pro works for me, it's streamlined so it doesn't feel heavy on my hip & the 3.5 headphone jack is great, not to mention its a great looking smartphone! (honestly most HTC phones look alike & aside from the Storm I can't tell most blackberries from the next)

My main problem is more of the problem with Palm than the phone itself, it's a business phone so I can understand some "bells & whistles" being absent. The problem is they set themselves up for failure buy releasing an unlocked version with a hefty price tag, that shunned alot of people away even though the phone itself got very good reviews. Now with palm removing itself from Windows Mobile I feel as though we Treo Pro owners have to fend for ourselves.

With little to no 3rd party app available The Pro is like "The greatest story never told" hopefully we will recognized by palm and developers so that we can share in the same experiences that other winmo owners have. Bottom line I love my pro It looks better than a Pixi & Pre & functions better than a BB PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE PRO IN THE DUST PALM!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:04 AM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdk910 View Post
With little to no 3rd party app available The Pro is like "The greatest story never told" hopefully we will recognized by palm and developers so that we can share in the same experiences that other winmo owners have. Bottom line I love my pro It looks better than a Pixi & Pre & functions better than a BB PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE PRO IN THE DUST PALM!
It's windows mobile so it has 50 times the number of 3rd party apps compared to Pixi and Pre, which you mention.

Those would include full blown turn by turn GPS apps, full blown enterprise integration, a zillions games etc.

Also Palm did not "decide" to release the GSM unlocked at a high price, but rather does not seem to have been able to cut a deal with ATT or T-Mobile, and having moved forward with production, had to sell it unlocked.

I cannot agree that bells and whistles are missing because it is a business phone. Literally everything prior Treo users were asking for, especially the list of deficiencies on short lived 800w, for example the need for larger battery, the need for a thinner form factor, flush screen, 3.5 headphone jack, proper GPS, better audio quality were addressed in the change from the 800w tro Pro. The Pro is missing nothing. The only deficiency you will find users discussing is the screen size 320x320 2.4", which is literally the only thing that can't be improved given the form factor of a front facing full keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samadam View Post
I'm a SERO user, and I just ordered a used one on ebay. Should be a good replacement for my occasionally annoying and strangely thick 800w. Wish me luck!
HTC was able to do so much better with their palm branded Treo Pro than the prior Treo 800w. They just build them better than Palm
Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One

kaossyphany is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm View Post
The only deficiency you will find users discussing is the screen size 320x320 2.4", which is literally the only thing that can't be improved given the form factor of a front facing full keyboard.
I agree. The screen size is my biggest issue with the phone. for me it is not because of the physical size but how it affects many of the applications I use, though many of them are freeware. That said, however, the only paid app that I have had an issue with is SPB time which unfortunately I used to use all of the time.

If by some miracle I actual help you, please don't forget to thank me!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro

mwrob is a n00b

Overall I'm happy with the phone. Was using a Treo 700p, tried a Touch Pro and didn't like it, then went with an 800W. When the 800W crapped out, Sprint gave me the Treo Pro and it's a big improvement, even bigger than I expected.

I'm using Launch Manager instead of Mobile Shell. Way less of a resource hog and not quite as pretty, but it greatly improves the usability of the phone.

I do get screen envy sometimes with other phones with larger screens, but I love the front facing keyboard, so that's a sacrifice I'm stuck with.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro