PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

stratoman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
couple of Treo Pro wifi questions

Two annoying things I'm dealing with when using wifi.

1) any way to adjust the time before the power-save feature kicks in?

Sometimes the power save feature kicks in before a page is even done loading, and then I have to re-establish connection every time this happens.

I've seen some reference to reg edits that would disable the feature altogether, but that's not really what I want. I just want to increase the amount of time before it kicks in. I've played with the "Battery Life vs Performance" adjustment, and it doesn't seem to change the time before the power saver takes over.

2) my Treo Pro is always looking for a better connection.

Even though I already have a fairly good signal, it seems like it's often looking for a better connection than the one I already have established.

In other words, sometimes it will just disconnect from my router out of the blue while in the middle of using it, and will ask to connect to some other network (that I think belongs to my neighbor). My wifi setup at home is good and stable with our PC's. The neighbor's router really blasts a lot more power compared to ours.

Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------
Update: since no reply yet, does it help if I mention that I've donated in the past? By the way, since I hadn't been on in a while, my login still worked, but had to re-create my profile. Is that normal? I had shelved my 700wx for about a year, but just picked up the Treo Pro last week. It seems ok so far. Some quirks, but I guess that's par for the course. Does WM have much of a future? I sure hope so. Anyway, thanks for any advice you can give on teh wifi issues above.

Last edited by stratoman; 08-24-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

bigwrigg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg
Re: couple of Treo Pro wifi questions

1, when you say power save feature, are you meaning the phone is going into sleep mode where the screen goes dim or off?
If so that feature is in Settings, System, Power and adjust the time for the back light to turn off and the device to turn off.
I never mess with any power / performance settings in WiFi its self.
2, I have seen this happen a few times with my 800w after we went from one form of encryption to another at my office.
I simply deleted the profile, then tunred off wifi, did a battery pull, then turned on wifi, found the router and created new settings. Now i dont have any more random disconnects.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro