PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: sprint

hayok is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Confirmed! HTC WIFI Router works on Treo Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
ya just tried this again and still nothing i dont know how these 2 are saying it's working...
is not working on mine either. i use the 6.5 rom
may be it only work on 6.1
Old 02-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

nope tried it on that one too it seems like it wont turn on the wifi on our phones. ive tried to istall and even turn on the wifi and still nothing.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 02-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

alau1158 is a n00b

yes, it worked for me too, but seems like after i run that software, it screws up my internet connection and my phone internet stopped working, i had to either hard reset it or restore it from my spb backup, anyone having the same problem?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

how did you get it to work?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

alau1158 is a n00b

well for me, first make sure you set up an ad-hoc connection on your phone, say call it treo, then assing your phone a static IP address i.e. 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and leave the default gateway blank. start your Wifi, then launch this program and from your laptop look for the ad-hoc connection you've set (i.e. treo). seems like the ad-hoc (xda-wifirouter or something like that) connection they've set on the program by default doesn't work, so don't even bother with that. but just a warning at least with the mine, my internet stopped working on the phone since i've tested this software, i had to either hard reset my phone or restore it from spb's backup for it to work again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

ksaem05 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by alau1158 View Post
well for me, first make sure you set up an ad-hoc connection on your phone, say call it treo, then assing your phone a static IP address i.e. 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and leave the default gateway blank. start your Wifi, then launch this program and from your laptop look for the ad-hoc connection you've set (i.e. treo). seems like the ad-hoc (xda-wifirouter or something like that) connection they've set on the program by default doesn't work, so don't even bother with that. but just a warning at least with the mine, my internet stopped working on the phone since i've tested this software, i had to either hard reset my phone or restore it from spb's backup for it to work again.
Ok, i am using this program on my touch pro (it came cooked in Energy ROM) and it works great. I use it with my new I-pad without a hitch. The problem is that on my wife's Treo Pro I am having the same issues i've been reading about. I lost the internet on her phone last night after successfully making the router program run following the instructions posted by Alau1158. However I was able to recover the internet by switching the wifi settings from static to server assigned.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro

beboricua is a n00b

I was using the 21 days trial of WMWIFIROUTER from http://global.wmwifirouter.com/trial/
and it work just great on my treo pro and it do not change anything of my original setups and even better send the signal on standby mode and is a 3G internet connection, my laptop work super fast with this router and the signal range is great, but hey! you need to connect your phone to the wall because it eat the battery in 1 1/2 hr. I use it with my iPOD touch on my work with a iPOD dock and play Pandora all day and is awesome. But my trial is over and the program cost $20 and I'm about to pay for it because i love it and is really simple to install and easy to work with it.

but of curse I just try this HTC router on my treo pro because is free, and it work perfect too. is not bad. i just don't like that it change my original Palm comm manager for the HTC comm manager and you can tell is not belong the Treo pro, but not a big deal. i see some peoples said it do not work on treo pro but it work to me, what i do for not to confuse on the installation process is: install both cab on my memory card and at the time of run the cab I select to install on my device. that way if for any reason you need to hard reset the phone you can save the cab for another easy attempt. just make a soft reset after the installation even if the phone make a restart by it self.
if your internet connection fail to work after the installation you do not need to hard reset your phone, just call your service provider and they reset the service for you. just don't give any explanation of what are you trying to do.
but hey i urge you to check the WMWIFIROUTER first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Lurker

envymke is a n00b
Talking ***steps for sprint treo pro***

Alright, So this is my very first post and I really wanted to get this cab to work. I had the internet tethering cab file already installed and that worked great for me first time. This took a few hours to get, but I did get it working with some trial and error.

First, I am running WIndows 7. I have a Sprint Treo Pro. I have just that internet sharing cab for networking and thats it. I started over again by just deleting the cab files that I had already tried to install. Basically, I just started fresh.

I did attach the CAB files I used to get it working.

Here is my order of operations:
1. After deleting everything and installing the internet sharing hack to your phone. *Perform a SOFT RESET* The cab I have is called ICSenable. (I found the cab on this site, just cant remember where.
2. With the ICSenable, after you install it the first time and do a soft reset, you have to install it a second time and do a soft reset. Then test that you can get connected to the internet through the internet sharing program. Have to use the direct connect as if you were syncing. But then go into internet sharing and tap connect.)
3. Depending on your operating system, you have to set up a ad-hoc network. I used the name "Envy Mobil" and then chose an easy 10 digit key so i would be able to remember it. I also had to change the permissions of my cpu to allow it to see the device. Just search for ad-hoc and network sharing and enable it. CHANGING THE PERMISSION IS VERY IMPORTANT
4. Install the cab file called "XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi Internet Sharing VGA". I installed it to my sd card and then installed it my device.
5. Goto Programs>>CM Internet and create the same exact name as you did on your computer, with the same key.
5. This will create a shortcut in your program menu. Once the XDA cab is installed, do a soft reset on your phone.
6. When it comes back on, turn on WIFI in your COMM Manager. Once it is on, tap> settings >>select wireless LAN. Once there, Menu>>WiFi. Once you are in that screen, below where it says "Networks to access:" Use the drop down box and select "ALL AVAILABLE". You should now be able to see the network you set up on your computer.
7. Connect to the ad-hoc network you setup using the 10 digit key you made.
8. Go into programs and tap CM Internet, start your connection. The little thing spins for me as well, but I can access the internet.

I hope this helps, maybe I can finally return one to someone I have downloaded so much from!! Thanks PPCGEEKS!

I played it with it for a bit, but the connection is very slow compared to direct connect with the Internet Sharing Program. But, it does work. I uploaded a screen shot of my speed from my phone with the direct connect, my phone is half of my Time warner cable business class internet! I love this feature!

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg treoprospeed.jpg (33.7 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi Internet Sharing VGA.cab (170.0 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab ICSenable.CAB (334 Bytes, 57 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro

icongene is keeping up the good workicongene is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the detailed instruction. If this works, i will include this setting in my next release.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Lurker

envymke is a n00b

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, but I would suggest the direct connect over the wifi. The speed test is incredibly faster. Also, after a couple of days, I have noticed that even if I am not running the program, my battery life gets drained much faster. The backlight doesn't shut off on its own anymore, I have to do it manually. I think thats what the drain is, but not positive. My GF has the IPhone, and everytime I get a cool little gizmo for my ppc, she gets incredibly jealous, I Love It, lol...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro