PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TekkieTag is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TekkieTag
Exclamation Spacebar/period closing apps?? and a few other issues.....

SO about a week ago my phone started closing which ever application was currently running (text, ie, anything) whenever I use the spacebar or period, and sometimes the question mark.

Any ideas why?

I asked a guy at a kiosk and he said to take it to a store for a software update. I did a hard reset and still have the same problem.

This is very annoying.

Also, when I am in internet explorer, typing in a web addy it lags behind severely. It shows up at about a rate of 1 character every 2-6 seconds. Again, still present after a hard reset.

Sometimes my buttons seem to remap themselves. The messaging button will pull up the calander, the ok button will pull up messaging... that kinda thing. This usually goes away after a soft reset... at least for a little while.

Has anybody else had any of these issues?

I will take my phone to the store but I don't have a car at the moment so who knows when that will be.

Sofornowallmytextmessageslooklikethisveryannoyinga ndconfusing

lol

HELP! please.

Cause I'm smarter than them...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Spacebar/period closing apps?? and a few other issues.....

Try calling Sprint customer service. Explain to them what's going on and they should ship you out a replacement. That way you don't need a car. I have no idea what could be causing that btw!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I have no idea what could be causing that btw!
same here...but have u installed anything new lately??? like a key swop app or something??
Old 07-07-2009, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TekkieTag is a n00b

Nope, nothing new on my phone... the newest thing is google maps, which isn't really new....

The thing that really gets me is that its still doing it after a hard reset... if its a software problem then shouldn't a hard reset fix it?Its like doing a restore on a PC and still having a virus when you get done.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekkieTag View Post
The thing that really gets me is that its still doing it after a hard reset... if its a software problem then shouldn't a hard reset fix it?
exact-amundo!!!! if u chose the option to erase all data, then u did the hard reset.
as long as google maps was removed when u did the hard reset, send it in to ur svc provider, like county man stated, they might have to replace it. jus DONT let them look at ur phone with 3rd party software on it. they might use that as a reason to deny replacing it
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TekkieTag is a n00b

I've never had issues with my 3P software at the service center. I've gone in with flashed roms with custom splash screens and they replaced my phone...
Old 07-08-2009, 12:20 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekkieTag View Post
I've never had issues with my 3P software at the service center. I've gone in with flashed roms with custom splash screens and they replaced my phone...
You have cool reps then. The one in BG is a complete D-Bagger haha. I don't even deal w him anymore, I just call in.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TekkieTag is a n00b

Actually I think the ones that work at my local stores are either dumb or don't care...

I went in to a store finally and my buttons had remapped themselves.... messaging opened contacts, start opened settings... things like that (weird)

I know that a soft reset fixes that when it happens, but when I picked it up it was still like that. I guess it freaked them out and they just went ahead and ordered one for me....
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TekkieTag is a n00b

So they replaced my phone in store.... and the new one has the same issue.

I went back to the store today and they ordered me another one, and I told them okay, but if the new one did that too i was going to be raising a bit of hell.

The tech said it was a bad keyboard..... which i think is total bs, because the software keyboard (onscreen) has the same effect.... oh well... we will see......
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

gonzo84 is a n00b

Ok my phone is doing the same thing...what can i do to fix it..this is driving me crazy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro