PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Spacebar/period closing apps?? and a few other issues..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73930)

TekkieTag 07-06-2009 10:27 PM

Spacebar/period closing apps?? and a few other issues.....

SO about a week ago my phone started closing which ever application was currently running (text, ie, anything) whenever I use the spacebar or period, and sometimes the question mark.

Any ideas why?

I asked a guy at a kiosk and he said to take it to a store for a software update. I did a hard reset and still have the same problem.

This is very annoying.

Also, when I am in internet explorer, typing in a web addy it lags behind severely. It shows up at about a rate of 1 character every 2-6 seconds. Again, still present after a hard reset.

Sometimes my buttons seem to remap themselves. The messaging button will pull up the calander, the ok button will pull up messaging... that kinda thing. This usually goes away after a soft reset... at least for a little while.

Has anybody else had any of these issues?

I will take my phone to the store but I don't have a car at the moment so who knows when that will be.

Sofornowallmytextmessageslooklikethisveryannoyinga ndconfusing

lol

HELP! please.

thacounty 07-07-2009 09:35 AM

Re: Spacebar/period closing apps?? and a few other issues.....

Try calling Sprint customer service. Explain to them what's going on and they should ship you out a replacement. That way you don't need a car. I have no idea what could be causing that btw!

skeegcpp 07-07-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 1019396)
I have no idea what could be causing that btw!

same here...but have u installed anything new lately??? like a key swop app or something??

TekkieTag 07-07-2009 10:33 AM

Nope, nothing new on my phone... the newest thing is google maps, which isn't really new....

The thing that really gets me is that its still doing it after a hard reset... if its a software problem then shouldn't a hard reset fix it?Its like doing a restore on a PC and still having a virus when you get done.

skeegcpp 07-07-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekkieTag (Post 1019454)
The thing that really gets me is that its still doing it after a hard reset... if its a software problem then shouldn't a hard reset fix it?

exact-amundo!!!! if u chose the option to erase all data, then u did the hard reset.
as long as google maps was removed when u did the hard reset, send it in to ur svc provider, like county man stated, they might have to replace it. jus DONT let them look at ur phone with 3rd party software on it. they might use that as a reason to deny replacing it

TekkieTag 07-08-2009 12:16 AM

I've never had issues with my 3P software at the service center. I've gone in with flashed roms with custom splash screens and they replaced my phone...

thacounty 07-08-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekkieTag (Post 1021263)
I've never had issues with my 3P software at the service center. I've gone in with flashed roms with custom splash screens and they replaced my phone...

You have cool reps then. The one in BG is a complete D-Bagger haha. I don't even deal w him anymore, I just call in.

TekkieTag 07-10-2009 01:47 AM

Actually I think the ones that work at my local stores are either dumb or don't care...

I went in to a store finally and my buttons had remapped themselves.... messaging opened contacts, start opened settings... things like that (weird)

I know that a soft reset fixes that when it happens, but when I picked it up it was still like that. I guess it freaked them out and they just went ahead and ordered one for me....

TekkieTag 07-14-2009 01:34 PM

So they replaced my phone in store.... and the new one has the same issue.

I went back to the store today and they ordered me another one, and I told them okay, but if the new one did that too i was going to be raising a bit of hell.

The tech said it was a bad keyboard..... which i think is total bs, because the software keyboard (onscreen) has the same effect.... oh well... we will see......

gonzo84 07-30-2009 07:15 AM

Ok my phone is doing the same thing...what can i do to fix it..this is driving me crazy