PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

lowspeed is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question SMS problem

When i receive a new SMS instead of showing me the last SMS it shows me the SMS's somewhere in the middle and i have to scroll down clicker newer a couple of times till i reach the end of the thread.

Anyone knows whats going on ?

--
Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: SMS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed View Post
When i receive a new SMS instead of showing me the last SMS it shows me the SMS's somewhere in the middle and i have to scroll down clicker newer a couple of times till i reach the end of the thread.

Anyone knows whats going on ?

--
which sms prog u using?? stock or palm threaded?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Stock.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

never heard of it, til now. start off wit the basics(i dont know if u did them or not, jus tryna help..lol) soft reset...all fails, back up ur contacts and important stuff, hard reset...still no good?? who's ur svc provider?? let them know sms is screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznajoe View Post
you have to make sure the sms is sorted by dates and not sorted by names. I think my default it's sorted by name. So if you click on the top right I believe there's a sort by date and that should fix your problem
i didnt think of this yesterday, thx to azna for pointing it out.

Last edited by skeegcpp; 07-07-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the same issue, I think it happens mainly when you have more than one new sms from the same contact. For example, if you have the SMS program open and are having a conversation, the texts that came in do not show as read, so when you re-open it defaults you to the first unread message. I have been able to prevent this just by hissing up on the d-pad a few times before closing a conversation.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: cingular

aznajoe is a n00b

you have to make sure the sms is sorted by dates and not sorted by names. I think my default it's sorted by name. So if you click on the top right I believe there's a sort by date and that should fix your problem
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

this has happened to me a few times.
along with one or two texts not registering that it was from the day before,
and showing that it was from lets say 6pm on the current day,
but in actuallity it was from 6pm yesterday.
It's only really happened to me when I get about 1000-2000 texts in my inbox.
I just make sure to delete mine more often now as I thought every day or two was enough, but I guess I just text too much. haha
Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I have the same problem. If I don't scroll up to the unread text it will just sit there. Also I'll add to the problem, not to hijack, but when I go into messaging and type an sms almost everytime the first letter I type is ignored! I have no idea y! 2 pretty annoying problems! Still better than the Touch Pro's lag!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I have the same problem. If I don't scroll up to the unread text it will just sit there. Also I'll add to the problem, not to hijack, but when I go into messaging and type an sms almost everytime the first letter I type is ignored! I have no idea y! 2 pretty annoying problems! Still better than the Touch Pro's lag!
Yeah you're right about the first letter ignored... pretty annoying

I think you guys were right... it goes to the first "unread" message. Thanks a bunch.

--
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro