PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen
Caller ID showing number, not name of contact calling

Hey everyone!

I've just had my Treo Pro for a week now, coming from the Touch Pro. I love this thing! The Touch Pro was great, but just too much time customizing and the battery life, even with all the tweaks, sucked. I love being able to go all day without plugging in two or three times.

Anyway, I used Sprite Backup to get my contacts and calendar to the Treo Pro. That's all I restored to the device, not any system settings, etc. I'm also using Pocket Informant 8 for calendar and contacts. Problem is that when the caller ID shows up, it shows the number instead of the contact.

Anyone have experience with this? Should I try uninstalling, reinstalling PI 8? Any ideas? Thanks!
EVO 4G > Sprint Hero > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Treo Pro > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Touch Diamond > Sprint Touch > AT&T Tilt > AT&T Blackjack II > Blackberry Pearl > Dell X51 > Dell X5 > HP iPaq > Palm IIIxe > Palm Pilot

Last edited by kilen; 07-01-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Caller ID showing number, not name of contact calling

Did you had this problem from the beggining? Never heard that restoring from backup could cause this problem, but you can try saving a new contact # and name and see if you have the same problem when this contact if calling, new contacts might dont have that problem, otherwise you will have to try uninstalling programs you recently installed. Hope this helps.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen
Re: Caller ID showing number, not name of contact calling

Thought I had posted that I had found a fix for it, but that must have been over on Treocentral...

What I had to do was go in to each of my contacts, erase their name, and re-enter it. It was a hassle, but definitely easier than entering all the information again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro