PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will there be a price drop now?

Now that the Pre is out (and cheeper) and the "rumored" dropping of all other OS to focus on their new OS, will Sprint drop the price of the TP? I really want to get my wife one (comming from a BB) she says she'd like this phone just fine BUT the price is just to much especially since their new flagship phone is less!!

Any word through the grapevine??
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Will there be a price drop now?

not that i heard
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

khalaan is just getting started

4wheelfurry,
I don't honestly see the Treos being terribly affected by WebOS. I have a hunch Palm will continue a line of windows mobile based devices. They are considered ideal devices for the more IT-centric professionals. I.E. I keep getting asked why I don't drop my STP for a Pre, and the Pre lacks a lot of capabilities I get with the Treo Pro. In short i suspect I'm not alone and I further suspect Sprint and Palm realize there is still quite a market out there for people like me.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

hmm, they most likely won't drop it by much. any time soon at least, maybe 150. theres a healthy demand for em.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
Now that the Pre is out (and cheeper) and the "rumored" dropping of all other OS to focus on their new OS, will Sprint drop the price of the TP? I really want to get my wife one (comming from a BB) she says she'd like this phone just fine BUT the price is just to much especially since their new flagship phone is less!!

Any word through the grapevine??
You can find brand new Treo Pro's for less than 200 on craigslist or other spots. I got mine a week ago brand new for 185 off craigslist. Beats paying full price from Sprint. Some 3rd party dealers are trying to clear them out i guess 'cause the lady i bought mine for had made 10 runs that day alone.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Agreed. I picked mine up from a guy on Craigslist for $200. Brand new, factory sealed, no contract.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't see a drop, if you looked at the price of the Treo 700WX that stayed pretty high right until the 800w came out. The stabiity of Treo WinMo phones seems to help prevent depreciation, even though newer phones are coming out.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 06-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
You can find brand new Treo Pro's for less than 200 on craigslist or other spots. I got mine a week ago brand new for 185 off craigslist. Beats paying full price from Sprint. Some 3rd party dealers are trying to clear them out i guess 'cause the lady i bought mine for had made 10 runs that day alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Agreed. I picked mine up from a guy on Craigslist for $200. Brand new, factory sealed, no contract.
yep i also bought mine off craigslist from a lady that had it for a month, and in pristine condition for 200 dollars..... i dont regret it.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
yep i also bought mine off craigslist from a lady that had it for a month, and in pristine condition for 200 dollars..... i dont regret it.
Got mine about a month ago as well for $200 through the bargain trader here at PPC, Wasnt brand new, but was in great condition and came with a Seido Holster/ Case combo, and an extra OEM battery so I am very happy with the price I paid.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
Got mine about a month ago as well for $200 through the bargain trader here at PPC, Wasnt brand new, but was in great condition and came with a Seido Holster/ Case combo, and an extra OEM battery so I am very happy with the price I paid.
yep, i saw that one, it looked brand new to me, but anyway i'm glad you like it. I have mine fully protected, silicon case and a pouch on top of that, i'm just picky like that.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro