PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Starcom 6700
Carrier: Iusacell

Jesus Treviño is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Enable QuickGPS (speed up GPS acquisition)

Works great, thanks!.

Last edited by Jesus Treviño; 06-22-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

drewmerl is becoming a great contributor
Re: Enable QuickGPS (speed up GPS) Sprint Palm Treo Pro

This is what I used: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=67
Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: alltel

denada777 is a n00b

Thank you sooooo much. It used to take my phone forever to get a gps signal....sometimes 5-10 minutes........ now it only takes a couple of seconds. I had the Touch Pro before I got the Treo Pro and it had the quick GPS and it worked so good. I am very thankful that somebody finally made it available for me.

Many many thanks,

k
Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I download it and it work so far.

So no internet connection, it cannot work?

What happen when I am oversea? Pro doesnt need a data connection for the GPS to work right?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:32 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

No, it doesn't need a data connection, that only speeds up the acquisition of the satellites.

I got this working yesterday and I have locks on my Treo Pro in about 4-5 seconds with every program. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

How does this software work? What does it do for 7 days?

It work great on my phone. No more waiting for the GPS signal in the car.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PAPutzback is just getting started

Total Noob here, bear with me.
The instructions mention using the RESCO explorer to update the registry, but I went to the RESCO site and it says it only supports the Palm OS and unless I am in the wrong place My Palm Treo PRo uses the Windows OS. I tried using the Windows remote registry editor to manually enter in the commands but for the second entry "curIP" is says to enter a DWORD value. But I think it is a bit value in the registry editior.
I downloaded Total Commander also but I don't see any resgistry tools on that program. It also runs from the desktop. I am wondering if I am supposed to run the installer on my Treo also.

Can someone point me to the NOOB thread or give me a little guidance on how to get the registry settings added to the registry.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPutzback View Post
Total Noob here, bear with me.
The instructions mention using the RESCO explorer to update the registry, but I went to the RESCO site and it says it only supports the Palm OS and unless I am in the wrong place My Palm Treo PRo uses the Windows OS. I tried using the Windows remote registry editor to manually enter in the commands but for the second entry "curIP" is says to enter a DWORD value. But I think it is a bit value in the registry editior.
I downloaded Total Commander also but I don't see any resgistry tools on that program. It also runs from the desktop. I am wondering if I am supposed to run the installer on my Treo also.

Can someone point me to the NOOB thread or give me a little guidance on how to get the registry settings added to the registry.

Thanks.
There are a few options... google will be your friend with these...

There is a version of resco for WM

There's a program called CeRegEditor that runs on your pc and accesses your phone through an active sync connection. It looks very much like the PC version of regedit for your computer! This one is my favorite for making changes since I'm doing everything on my PC and it's controlling the phone's registry. Bigger keyboard when registry editing is a huge plus!

Total Commander has a regeditor that's hard to find. When you first launch it, look for a folder that says "Plugins". That is where you will find a registry editor.

Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

estuardo is just getting started

QuickGPS worked fine with my system, but I had to make a hard reset and now it is not working. I've installed, uninstalled, installed to device, uninstalled. Installed to the storage card, uninstalled. And it is not working.

This is what is happening: when I go to the QuickGPS app and click on "Download" (I have a working connection), a download bar appeared, works for two seconds, supposedly finish at 100% but then an error appears stating that a download error occurred.

Do any of you have a list of files I should manually uninstall to make it work?

Thank you very much for your help.

gb
Old 08-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker

erichperry is a n00b

I installed Rescoe Explorer and copied QuickGPS.reg to my phone. I navigated to the file and clicked on it but I get "RESCO Registry module not found."
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro