PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Dust getting under Treo Pro screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68457)

JonAllen816 05-13-2009 02:46 PM

Dust getting under Treo Pro screen

So, I just noticed some more dust under my screen...

I opened up the phone a few weeks ago, removed the existing dust, covered the ear-piece hole with tape and put it back together, so I think the dust is getting in under the windows button (which seems to be lifted a little higher than the OK button IDK why but it was like that when I got it...)

- just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with dust and the treo pro?

- also wondering if anyone thinks sprint would replace the phone given that the button is lifting off the adhesive and causing this dust issue (I know its a long shot...)

- also wondering whats up with sprint's insurance program, does anyone know how much that costs a month to add to your plan?

Thanks a lot
- Jon

jeffoster 05-13-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Dust getting under Treo Pro screen

I am also having dust get under my screen.

wideeyed85 05-14-2009 02:13 AM

i have the lifting issue, but no dust, i've had my pro for about two months, umm, insurance is $7.00 a month, but you have to do it within the first month of having the upgraded device on the account, and the deductible went up to $100.00 to use the insurance on the smart device

JonAllen816 05-14-2009 08:59 AM

damn... $100 deductible forget that idea... I guess I'll just keep taking the thing apart, clearing the dust and trying to prevent more from getting in there.. what a PITA..

lionsroar6574 05-16-2009 12:03 PM

You only get charged the deductible if you damaged your phone. That is a manufacturer's defect. That is fixable or replaceable free of charge. If you experience this in the first 30 days, it is just an in store exchange with box and receipt. You'll be fine.

K & M Computers 05-23-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonAllen816 (Post 912986)
So, I just noticed some more dust under my screen...

I opened up the phone a few weeks ago, removed the existing dust, covered the ear-piece hole with tape and put it back together, so I think the dust is getting in under the windows button (which seems to be lifted a little higher than the OK button IDK why but it was like that when I got it...)

- just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with dust and the treo pro?

- also wondering if anyone thinks sprint would replace the phone given that the button is lifting off the adhesive and causing this dust issue (I know its a long shot...)

- also wondering whats up with sprint's insurance program, does anyone know how much that costs a month to add to your plan?

Thanks a lot
- Jon

Quote:

Originally Posted by wideeyed85 (Post 914174)
i have the lifting issue, but no dust, i've had my pro for about two months, umm, insurance is $7.00 a month, but you have to do it within the first month of having the upgraded device on the account, and the deductible went up to $100.00 to use the insurance on the smart device

May is the open enrollment month, if you hurry up you can add it this month.