PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Registry Hacks, Tweaks and .cabs

Now to get an unlocker
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman

This is what I've been wanting. Thanks for making it a sticky!

By request, I have added a "donations" link. If you like my work please donate! It's not expected, but it is appreciated!

or, simply hit "Thanks"
Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TREO PRO

JP14 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to JP14
Re: Hacks, Tweaks and .cabs

Awesome Plug in!
Is there one to get rid of the carrier logo?
simplegrinn
Old 05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

chocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to chocmatic Send a message via MSN to chocmatic Send a message via Yahoo to chocmatic
Re: Hacks, Tweaks and .cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP14 View Post
Awesome Plug in!
Is there one to get rid of the carrier logo?
simplegrinn

yes.

Cody has been kind enough to create two different cab files. One will remove it completely and the other allows you to control if you want it on or off in the today screen. Both files are attached below
Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

chocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to chocmatic Send a message via MSN to chocmatic Send a message via Yahoo to chocmatic

For those of you using Palringo and want to enable Facebook chat, attached is the cab file to do so.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PalringoEnableFacebookChat.cab (1.0 KB, 90 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

msl7052 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Now to get an unlocker

i cant wait to see the first Might Treo Pro rom, ill be first in line
Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Voice Command/Charging Beep

Slow down the speed of the Voice Command lady:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices

change "DefaultTTSRate" from 4 to 5 to speed up or to 2 or 3 to slow down. Takes effect instantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charger Connect/Disconnect Sound

Hate the Be-Doop noise when you plug/unplug to charge? So do I.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

ChargerConnectSound
ChargerDisconnectSound

Under each, there is a string value called "File". Under the string, just change the sound file from "ChargerConnect.mid" to "ChargerConnect.old" (so you can put back if you want), or just delete. Don't matter.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Voice Command/Charging Beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charger Connect/Disconnect Sound

Hate the Be-Doop noise when you plug/unplug to charge? So do I.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume

ChargerConnectSound
ChargerDisconnectSound

Under each, there is a string value called "File". Under the string, just change the sound file from "ChargerConnect.mid" to "ChargerConnect.old" (so you can put back if you want), or just delete. Don't matter.

Mal

I created two cab files for the changes above . I tested them and they work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Exclamation Fix Skipping Sound when Playing Music

From Zbop (original post):
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbop View Post
...known HTC bug on multiple devices and it affects all music players to varying degrees (WMP and the HTC player seem to fare better). This doesn't affect A2DP and the bug is not related to the screensaver bug.

A little background...
HTC released a fix for the audio skipping on the GSM Diamond and Touch HD. I tried that cab on my Treo Pro and it hung my device, had to hard reset. Someone with a CDMA Touch Pro finally figured out what was modified and then created his own Raphael patch. So, I also tried that cab and it broke my USB, power and audio. Long story short, I disassembled the patched dll, figured out what the change was, and created a patch for the Sprint Treo Pro. The result is that I can now play music skip-free.

The bug is that one of the threads in a core HTC dll runs at too high a priority (real-time), and when it's active it interferes with the audio driver; this patch lowers the priority of the offending thread.
Installation (Sprint only):
1) Install sdkcerts.cab
2) Install STPAudioSkipFix.CAB
3) Soft-reset
4) If you are using Coreplayer, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced and make sure that "Higher priority music playback" is checked

WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON A GSM Treo Pro!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab STPAudioSkipFix.CAB (83.9 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 116 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Malatesta; 05-20-2009 at 10:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre and pro
Carrier: sprint

wideeyed85 is a n00b

i havent had my treo pro for too long but i love it and this will only help in maintaining that love and fervor for much longer thanks !
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro