PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

michelob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to michelob Send a message via AIM to michelob Send a message via MSN to michelob Send a message via Yahoo to michelob
CA cert issues -- Treo Pro

I have a Treo Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1) that I just got a week ago. It syncs with an Exchange 2007 server. In order to sync, it has to have a 'self made' certificate installed. The problem does not lie there--the cert installs perfectly, and the email downloads beautifully.

However, once I install the certificate, I am unable to run ANY aftermarket apps, and if I try to install, it fails with the following error:

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate."

Now, I fought with this for several days--on the phone with Palm support ("call Sprint"), then called Sprint 3rd tier support ("call Palm"), then RE-called Palm ("call Microsoft or Sprint"), then called Microsoft ("we need $249"). I am at my wits end!

I did a hard reset on the phone. At that point, I was able to install anything I wanted without any problems. But, once I installed the cert for my Exchange server, the problem returned. I not only can't install new programs, the ones installed before the cert was installed will not run--citing a "not digitally signed" error! PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman
Re: CA cert issues -- Treo Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelob View Post
I have a Treo Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1) that I just got a week ago. It syncs with an Exchange 2007 server. In order to sync, it has to have a 'self made' certificate installed. The problem does not lie there--the cert installs perfectly, and the email downloads beautifully.

However, once I install the certificate, I am unable to run ANY aftermarket apps, and if I try to install, it fails with the following error:

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate."

Now, I fought with this for several days--on the phone with Palm support ("call Sprint"), then called Sprint 3rd tier support ("call Palm"), then RE-called Palm ("call Microsoft or Sprint"), then called Microsoft ("we need $249"). I am at my wits end!

I did a hard reset on the phone. At that point, I was able to install anything I wanted without any problems. But, once I installed the cert for my Exchange server, the problem returned. I not only can't install new programs, the ones installed before the cert was installed will not run--citing a "not digitally signed" error! PLEASE HELP ME!
What exchange server are you syncing with? Have you checked with their IT support? I have no issues like this and also use exchange.

By request, I have added a "donations" link. If you like my work please donate! It's not expected, but it is appreciated!

or, simply hit "Thanks"
Old 05-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Threadstarter

michelob is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to michelob Send a message via AIM to michelob Send a message via MSN to michelob Send a message via Yahoo to michelob

*I* am the IT support--the server is mine! I set up a self-signed cert when I was syncing with the Centro I had previously...which, oddly enough, was able to sync with Exchange 2003 without a problem. Once I upgraded to 2007, the sync function ceased to work, and I finally got it set up with some help from an upper-level tech, and it worked fine. I'm just not sure why MY cert is causing havoc with the entire device. It doesn't make sense, and NOBODY will help me. I even called Micro$soft (got a free incident) and they told me it was a Palm issue--call them! So I'm basically stuck with a phone that will either sync with Exchange 2007 or a phone that will access and install programs, but not both.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

temperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stufftemperamentalman knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to temperamentalman Send a message via MSN to temperamentalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelob View Post
*I* am the IT support--the server is mine! I set up a self-signed cert when I was syncing with the Centro I had previously...which, oddly enough, was able to sync with Exchange 2003 without a problem. Once I upgraded to 2007, the sync function ceased to work, and I finally got it set up with some help from an upper-level tech, and it worked fine. I'm just not sure why MY cert is causing havoc with the entire device. It doesn't make sense, and NOBODY will help me. I even called Micro$soft (got a free incident) and they told me it was a Palm issue--call them! So I'm basically stuck with a phone that will either sync with Exchange 2007 or a phone that will access and install programs, but not both.
LOL well then I guess you have actually talked to your IT rep...I'll see if I can find anything.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro